day 16 for my daughter.its looking good

Posted , 3 users are following.

well, we have survived to day 16, from day 9 i noticed the change in her, i saw her smile, and sometimes laugh, aswell as the black moods that seem to be a side effect, along with the nausea, belly pains, headache, shakes, not being able to sleep, sweats at night, and the list goes on. BUT each day its a diffrent side effect, so that does seem to help in a weird way,

she managed her weekend away, only had one meltdown and anxiety day, and by the afternoon she had got through it. she just woke with thourghts again that she shouldnt be with her boyfriend( of 3 years) that maybe they should finish, these thourghts then faded after a few hours, which is brilliant as before they were 24/7.

its hard being a parent, and watching your child ( i know, she is 19, but still.....) go through the pain of depression, and know i cant make it better, or make it go away, it hurts everyone.

so, i will stop waffling, day 16, we have survived, still got side effects, but she is smiling, 16 days ago she just cried, and sat curled up, didnt much function,

she take a rehydration drink daily, ( lemon& green tea) she takes a probiotic( 20 billion bugs) daily, and a vit b tablet, since being on this combination, her side effects do not seem so strong,

i hope this helps, and you have happy thourghts today. xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Great that she is doing so well, Karen, but it is still early days with this stuff.  Here'as hoping the improvements continue, albeit three forward and two back.

Is she typical teenager and waiting to be cured or is she actively seeking ways to calm her nerves herself? Cuddles with you, PJs and TV seem to work very well, as I recall.

• Posted

i spoke to soon, today she got up in a horrid black mood, but she was out last night visiting friends, so a diffrent routine seems to affect her.

she is very wise for her years, we chatted and she knows its no quick fix, but impatience does creep in when the darker times are here.

she loves snuggles, so she has a nice fleece blanket, new snuggly pj's and todays treat for later is christmas crisps whilst watching im a celeb! with the log fire going. she does actually laugh that at 19 she prefers to be in with mum! ( im sure once better she will go back to being bubbly and out and about)

i got a beautiful text from her saying thankyou for being there for her for the last few months, and she wouldnt have coped without me,  so i reminded her, that she will need to look after me at some point!

thankyou for your concern, it does mean alot. x

• Posted

Hi karen

Great to hear she's making progress although as we've seen a good day can be followed by bad which is hard to take :-( glad shes mature enough to not lose heart on the bad days and she's lucky to have you to help her through. 

Ive started on the 'bug' pills today and am munching ginger biscuits as I write as no ginger ale at local shops, thanks for the tip n fi ngers crossed. 

Hope the good days come for your daughter more often. 

Take care both of you

Vix xx

• Posted

hi Vix, how is it going with the nausea? any joy yet?
    • Posted

Hi karen

Hows your daughter doing? Hope shes  on  the up.

Nausea not good today but went for endoscopy yesterday so took med early n no food overnight til 2pm due to sedative so thats likely thrown my system out. Im sure ill perk up later. Gonna try nap for bit n restart my day bit later see how I feeel then.

Thanks for asking. Take care

Vix xx

• Posted

sedatives can take a good 24 hours to get out your system, good idea to sleep it off, and take it easy for the day. i have done a post for daughters day 19, little steps, little improvements. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.