Day 16... FRUSTRATED AND SAD

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today is day 16 for me on fluoxetine. I'm extremely frustrated and down today. I've had about 3 good days where I've had energy and even gotten out of the house, I thought things were going to start looking up. Today I don't want to get out of bed, no appetite, depressed, not really anxious but lots of bad thoughts about my health and what could possibly be wrong with me and very agitated and angry. Angry at myself and this whole process. Anyone feel like this or felt like this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely, I know its extremely hard but try to get through as best you can. At this stage its very much up and down till it settles in your system, i'm 13 weeks in and after an increase from 20-40mg...things are definitely feeling a lot better. I've been out a lot more...and less depressed and anxious. I'm also able to put up a sheild against those bad thoughts now...things WILL get better. Try and relax as much as you can and do whatever makes you feel ok at this point, pamper yourself a little, be selfish and put yourself first for a bit and try to stay calm. This is all normal going through this and you will feel so much better soon, i'm sure of it, Take care x

• Posted

Thank you LJ. I have to up my dose after 30 days and I'm terrified to say the least. I just don't really understand this is guess. They give you meds to make you feel better but instead they make you feel worse. I'm trying to be kind to myself, my husband is telling me the same thing about kindness and not beating myself up. I'm trying but it's hard. Just want to get to the best version of myself possible.

• Posted

You are not alone. I'm at Day 31 and feeling the exact same way. It's hard. But I know we need to keep pressing forward. My health anxiety is out of control right now and I'm also feeling depressed. The physical side effects are hard to deal with. I just keep hoping every day will get better. Do what you can to get thru each day and know that, even though this is miserable, it's what we have to do to fully recover. Xx

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. My health anxiety is through the roof as well. I'm finding it hard to believe that all of these ill feelings are truly from depression or anxiety. My husband doesn't really understand health anxiety so he gets frustrated with me and I'm trying really hard to just keep my horrible health worries to myself. I'm praying for a full recovery for everyone dealing with this.

• Posted

You can talk to me anytime, I have complete sympathy for health anxiety. I think it's one of those things that's hard to understand if you've never lived it. What dose are you on? I'm on 10 mgs.

• Posted

Thank you Jennifer. I'm on 20 mg. I have to go up to 40 mg in 30 days which I'm not looking forward to.

• Posted

Hi nai84477,

Hang in there Hun! It takes time for this medication to completely kick in. It took about 3-4 weeks for me. Try doing some meditation to relax your mind or go from a nice walk. Jump out of your pjs and face the day. I know it's hard, I too was here once. It just takes time for this med to work unfortunately, it doesn't give instant relief it takes time to kick in. This forum is great! It has helped me a lot as I'm at the other end and having the side effects off coming off it but I'm determined to get through it. While I was on fluexotine life was amazing, it made me enjoy it like I should be. I've come off it because I want to have kids in the near future. People on here have been so helpful for me as people surrounded by you don't necessarily understand what you are going through. Keep posting as someone will always answer.

Best of luck hunny!

• Posted

Thank you E24. That was so sweet. This place is great and the people here are amazing. Very supportive and encouraging. I want to have children also, but my doctor said I could take flu and be get pregnant. I'm going to do my own research though. I'm trying to be kind to myself and only around people who are kind to me as well.

• Posted

Wow yep definitely feel like that some days and moments are better than other times....so I've been learning to play it by ear bc I generally dk how I'm going to feel and it's the best way to avoid getting into with ppl who don't understand. But it's a waiting game I guess the best thing I've noticed is when I just go with it and try not to do too much plan too much that way if something changes or happens I won't stress and fall apart. Idk if that's so much being detached with reality so much rather than learning how to cope with day to day. Hope this helps you nai8rr77 smile this support group has been helping generally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.