Day 17 on 40 Mg citalopram

Posted , 9 users are following.

Feeling like a rollercoaster the last few weeks. Celexa has helped me so much in the last 2 years but I feel like I’ve lost myself so much this time around. I’m so insecure and down all of the time. I have more good days than bad on the 40 MG. But today is one of those “bad” days. I’m also going through a separation and I’m very stressed. Could use words of encouragement during these times of struggle sad 

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

We’re all in this together Nicole. I’m just a couple of weeks ahead of you and having a low day too..... rest assured things WILL get better for us we just got to hang in there and not give up... x 
    • Posted

I felt so good at week 6-8 and now at week 9 I'm struggling not to give up.

• Posted

Don't give up your almost there the ups and downs are a sign that the meds are working...

• Posted

Some doctor's don't say anything..not unless your like me and question every thing..I knew from the start what I was getting into..but I never thought it would be this difficult..just putting my first celexa down my throat send me into a panic..but here I now talking about it now recovered..

• Posted

Today was the first day I actually felt normal ish in 2 weeks. But then I find myself over thinking everything does anyone else find this? 
    • Posted

Slowly but surely you will have those good moments/feelings..and over thinking anything is ok..soon the over thinking will disappeared also..
    • Posted

I’m having a really down day today. One minute I’m positive and the next I’m more negative is this normal? Will I ever just be positive? 2and a half weeks ago I was happy being a mum to 2 kids. Now I can barley get motivated to do anything! 
    • Posted

What's happening right now is your cycling thru your moods..one second happy one minute sad one hour confused..this will happen as your recovering..

• Posted

Hi everyone. Another update. It’s been about 6-7 weeks on 40 Mg. Idk if it’s just the dosage or not, but i kinda feel like a zombie now. I don’t get mad or sad at all I just don’t really seem to care about anything at all. I don’t yell at my husband anymore or cry so I guess that’s good right lol. I still have my sense of humor and try to stay positive but I do feel extremely numb. I’m honestly waiting for our insurance to get going any moment now so I can see a doctor about tapering down to 30 Mg. I did sooooo well on 20 mg for two years and it just stopped working. Now I feel like a zombie. Wishing I could just get it right at this point. I pray everyone on this thread is doing okay too. I’m updating so I can help another person who may be struggling so feel free to reach out! 
  • Posted

Hi Nicole 58447. I am in the midst of three of my worst days since increasing my dose from 10 to 30 with one week at twenty in between. It has been six weeks since my forst dose at 30. I have had some wonderful days but too few to be honest. I am struggling to keep my head above water the past few days. Just starting to come around to a more positive level this afternoon. I could barely get myself out of bed today, but my wife, bless heart heart, has been giving me a long rope and support. I truly believe that I am almost there when I will have many more good days and less of those emotional crushing days. It can get discouraging to fall from a place of peace and hope to dispair. It is all part of the journey. I am steadfast in my belief that this is the best thing I committed to undertake to get my life depression and anxiety free. I have suffered since childhood with anxiety and depression started in my teens. I am 69 years old now and it’s my time to live without the ugly debilitating anxiety and depression. Please know if I can do it, most anyone can. I will be sure to update in a weeks time and hopefully I can share some real consistent improvements. 
  • Posted

I have been on 40mg since November last year and as long as I stay busy I don't get that zombie feeling.  Try having lists of things to do and activities to keep your mind occupied.  Coffee also helps!  I hardly ruminate at all now, it's so much better.  Remember you do have control of your mind.  I did feel that zombified feeling while on holiday and was in a remote location so did get apathetic at times but since being back home and staying on 40mg I do feel a million times better.  Hang in there.

• Posted

Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in after 5 months now. Been on the 40 mg. I am no longer separated- hubby and I are reconciled. This drug isn’t a miracle pill, I have to really work on my thought patterns and what I allow to upset me. It has helped me with my social anxiety. For the most part I’m more pleasant. I do have bad days sometimes. It just depends on what I’m dealing with. I’m actually going through a blue time right now, and I’m going to the psychiatrist tomorrow. Who knows, maybe it’s tomorrow  to try a new drug. I’m just trying to ride the waves of life and hang in as best as I can. I pray all of you are doing okay as well. Please stay in touch. Xoxoxo 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.