Day 19 Citalopram Increase (would love to hear your success)

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm on day 19 of my increase from 25mg to 30mg . Finally slept through night. I actually got pretty good sleep. Also helpful that I haven't stayed up past midnight in these last 2.5 weeks.My new bedtime is 10:30ish which is pretty cool.  My internal alarm is waking me up at 6:00 am daily now, which is partially annoying on the weekends.

My morning anxiety is what gets me the most right now. I wake up and my stomach is in knots. Which usually sends me to the restroom.  It's not as bad as it was on day 1 but it's still there. I noticed on Saturday and Sunday when I woke up with nothing to do I immediately began to lay there and think about anxiety, and how I was going to feel the rest of the day. This really throws me off at times. 

The racing thoughts on how I feel are probably the hardest thing for me to overcome right now. I don't feel as detached from the world as I was on Day 1. My students (I'm a teacher)  also haven't been questioning if I was okay. It was really hard for me to talk. 

What's really weird is at the end of the day I feel dang near normal. I'm not sure why. It was even weird last night I was excited to wake up for work this morning (which is day 20) When I woke up I of course had this dreaded morning anxiety.  I guess the one question I have for anyone who ask is, will this morning anxiety ever pass?  In all honesty I know the answer to this because I've been through this before. 

I would love to hear some success stories if you have them? 

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take 7.5mg of mirt during the initial citalopram start up period and like others have said all it does for me is get me some sleep, it doesn't help the anxiety at all, at least for me. Once the citalopram works, the mirt gets reduced then dropped. For me the beginning of recovery is when I feel better at night, mornings are a problem for quite a few weeks in. ie 8-10 Then when I'm better I think to myself well, what was that all about then smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.