day 19 for my daughter!

Posted , 3 users are following.

she finally slept for 7 hours straight through the night!

the shakes and palputations are now managable, like you say its good hours, and not so good hours, but the tears have stopped, she is having more brighter spells,

she is eating well now, until she gets the crippling belly pains, which i feel may be anxiety, and she is getting the odd horrendous headache, but altogether i feel week 2, going into week 3, has been more positive than negative, lets hope it continues.

once again thankyou for your support, i come back to post as it may just help someone in the same situation.

i hope you all have a good day. xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen

Great to hear your daughter had a good nights sleep.  I'll make such a difference for her.  My tears were one of the first things to stop, seems your emotions are the first to be calmed.

The tummy pains are probably a side effect too, and yes anxiety makes the tummy hurt too.  I imagine it will probably ease in time.  Seems when we weep, our tummy's weep too. :-)

My son is looking happier than he has for months now, and is getting signed back on by the doctor today to return to work.

Look forward to reading about more progress from you. xxxx

• Posted

oh wonderful news for your son, !! bet your overjoyed.

its hard to tell with the tummy pains, as she had about 5 weeks with a stomach virus, and crippling pains, and just couldnt eat, so it could be remnants of that or it could be anxiety( which i feel it is, ) she seems to get them at the weekend, when her routine is different.

although she had some sleep, she has a very heavy head and is struggling to stay awake at work!

another side effect seems to be she itches!

we have continued with the probiotic (bug) tablets, she takes the prozac ( happy tablets) she is on one vit b tablet, and i think we may add magnesium tablet in, if the pharmacy man says its ok.

once again, im so happy your son can see the sunshine again, good luck to him!!xx

• Posted

Hi kate

Just wanted to say its really great news that your son is feeling so much happier and wants to get back to work. I wish him all the very best. 

Vix xx

• Posted

Thank you both, Karen and Vix

Yes am feeling very happy today indeed as things are looking up for my son and glad for him that he'll be going back to work after 4 months.  He says he's 80% better and I imagine he'll improve even more over the next few months too.  He seems to have recovered slower than a lot of people, though know everyone takes different times.  It's such a joy seeing him back again! :-D  What a lovely Xmas present :-)

Oh yes I remember you said your daughter had had a stomach virus Karen - yes could be the remnants of that.  Also the anxiety is probably playing a part in it too, and as you say she seems to get more pains at the weekend - does sound anxiety based.  I do know when we're anxious, our stomaches are the first to complain.

When I used to be ill I remember I'd feel anxious at the weekend, and then anxious again on a Monday when I returned to work - quite weird.  I just put it down to routine change each time.

So, following my recovery and now my son nearly being there ....... this medication is truly miraculous!  I wish you all reach that sunshine place soon too xxxx

• Posted

Hi karen

Glad your daughters finally managing to sleep better it can help so much tho sometimes when you start catching up on sleep the body gets greedy and just wants more and more making you sleepier. Probably why shes struggling today.

Its good you can see the improvement despite the rotten side effects as it can be really hard to notice yourself. She sounds like shes doing really well in her mood and attitude. She is very lucky to have you as you understand what shes going through so can help her through the ups and downs.

I really hope the improvement continues for her and the side effects start to subside soon. 

Take care of you both, sending hugs

Vix x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.