Day 2

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on day 2 of taking the tablets.. So far no side effects.  I've watching what I need & eating fat free.. Should I be eating some fat??? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi @Louise you won't get any side effects if your eating the right things. Yes no more than 5g fat per 100g and no more than 15g fat per meal no more than 45g fat a day. If you read the back of food packets it will tell you how much fat it is per 100g. If you need any other help please post back
    • Posted

Hi Britney

I usually eat a low fat diet anyway, but do you think anyone could have a diet too low in fat, so low that the Orlistat fails to do a proper job.

In other words, should one increase their fat intake to make the Orlistat work.

• Posted

Hi Colin as long as your having some fat you will be fine do not increase fat they will work great by following a low fat diet what are you eating at the moment. I have heard people say they eat the wrong foods just to see the oil come out and think that they will still lose weight but they are kidding themselves. I cannot manage the full 45g fat a day it seems weird but it's true how much have you got to lose? x
    • Posted

Hi Britney

My diet consists of cereal for breakfast most days with blueberries for the anti-oxidant properties with skimmed milk, no sugar.  Occasionally for a change I have a boiled egg and wholemeal bread. 

Lunch is usually salads or a sandwich with wholemeal bread and Flora pro active spread.

Cooked meal later in the day always has lots of greens etc with potatoes and lean meat. This is always followed by a Benecol drink (the ones in the little blue bottles).  If I have anything for supper which is not often, it would be oatmeal granola, skimmed milk, no sugar.  I have a treadmill and 8kg dumbells for daily use.

The drawback is that I only have half of my thyroid, the other have having been surgically removed some years ago, although I am on thyroxine, its not quite the same as natural hormone.  Losing weight proves difficult, but Im not blaming it all on that.  I have suffered with the dreaded oil at times, but thats the best way to learn what not to eat.

I was 16.5 stones in january 2013 and on Statins, my weight was uncontrollable.  I am now completely off Statins and 1 stone just fell off me.  Since then I have lost another 7 lbs by changing my diet and a further 7lbs on Orlistat.  I am now 14.5 stones and my goal is 11 stones, provided I can keep the medics on my side.

I am grateful for your input to this site, your support is truly inspirational.

Good luck with your progress.

Thanks for your interest and reply x

• Posted

@Colin well done on your weight loss good luck with the rest of your journey and let me know how you get on x
  • Posted

you should,nt get any side effect if you eat the right stuff but you,ll soon know about it if you dont,as long as you keep to low fat stuff you,ll be fine .Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.