Day 2 HRT

Posted , 5 users are following.

Read some good success stories with HRT and after trying BHRT for 3 weeks ( no relief) started on the patch . Gosh I hope this kicks in soon can’t stand this ‘Change of life’. Should really be called ‘your life is over ‘ 

Felt good yesterday and managed to get things done but it seems you have a good day then you’re punished with what I call ‘crash days’. If I don’t get a solid 10-12 hours sleep I’m screwed. Didn’t sleep well last night and feeling it sooooo bad today .

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes totally agree Lori. I'm going on HRT as soon as I can get appointment at docs, I still have periods so I'm guessing it will be a certain one for if you still have periods called Cyclical or sequential but am worried about side effects. I'm having a rare good day today but it never lasts (sigh)

• Posted

Hi there, 

You mirror my life totally! 

I'm on my third attempt at HRT, tried two lots of sequi patches and now on mixture of patches for oestrogen and tabs for progesterone (not taken the tabs yet). 

I'm exhausted and like you, have the odd 'wow I feel great' day and then totally crash... I obviously need more sleep too but life with children gets in the way of that!! 

It's awful and I pray that I get some relief soon... 

Hang in there darling and stay strong. 

AJ. xx

• Posted

If Mother Nature knew that we would live until 80 we would have our meno at 75! 😂

• Posted

They say life begins at 50 and ends at 51 🤣 

Now I know why they say that as ready for bed and it’s inky 5pm ! 

• Posted

I am 43 and diagnosed with early meno a year ago. At first I thought that my life was over. I was almost suicidal...I am on hrt and thing are better now, I feel almost like my old self. I didn’t find anything natural in meno...

• Posted

So sorry to hear that ... yes we’ve all been there so you are not alone ! Glad the HRT is working .... I’m just starting it day 4 and got my period and not sleeping that soundly but going to stick with it as I need to get myself and my life back ! Will we ever be the same again 😪 wish I could turn the clock back . I’d appreciate feeling normal so much more now 

• Posted

So true Lori! After some time you will feel normal again. I almost forget sometimes that I am on meno. Things will be better with time. Stay strong! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.