Day 2 of citalpram after 18 month break.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've restarted citalpram. Took 20mg and I felt I could barely cope. So last night I took just 10mg and I'm awake now, it's 4.30am and I feel a bit anxious and hot but not like yesterday. I kept bursting into tears, feeling like I was loosing my mind. Couldn't sit still, and felt as if I was shaking all under my skin. Just feel angry that I'm back here. Hate the first week on these things, make me feel worse than ever, just hoping it helps me again and I can feel more myself. Hate my children seeing me this way. Plus it's the Easter holiday as well. Just having a pity party I guess and feeling like the worst mother.  That's all. Guess I just wanted to rant and rave. Thanks. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have taken 2mg of diazepam, not sure of the spelling, just to ease off my feelings right now. It is helping and I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now I've taken it. I'm seeing my doctor in the morning so I'll talk to him about it and what he thinks is best. Thanks everyone for commenting x
  • Posted

Hi Hannah, a couple of things there will be side effects with starting up citalopram until the serontonin normalises in your brain anxiety, hot flushes, insomnia tremors etc can happen they are all side effects take comfort knowing this will improve smile I wouldnt adjust any dosage just yet give it time as the changing can cause a paradox type affect. You are not losing your mind its just the mind is mixed up with chemicals and unbalanced until it adapts.  Things will get better it worked last time huh so stay positive my friend!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.