day 2 of flu can someone please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there ive been on flu 2 days n already having problems ive got a real bad chill i just cant get warm im shriving and havnt stoped and the sickness is unbearable has anyone had this please help i feel like im going mad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Emma 1981 unfortuatly this is a side effect of flu. I shoot from the hip over the next few days your going to feel C**p. Read though the site and see how different people have coped it will help you understand why you are feeling like you are.
  • Posted

Keep with it emma its horrible at the start i could hardly get out of bed and when i did it was because i thought i was going to be sick. drink plenty of water ok! and try to time eating little bits when you can. I used to get waves of sickness and try and time eating when i felt abit better before the sickness came back but it didnt always work.. it does go though your going through the worse time just stick with it. we are all here for support x
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

I totally agree with Nicki B, try and keep food around you for those times you feel peckish. I found nuts and raisens really helped as they kept my vitamin and protein levels up and are small enough to snack on.

Try as best you can to stick with the flu taking; when are you currently taking it, in the morning/evening?

You are certainly not going mad, the opposite in fact. Flu is not the easiet pill to live with but should make you feel better given time. Im at week 10 and feeling more positive and the yo-yo mood swings are subsiding/under better control. If you need any more support, we are all here for you.

Take care

HT

• Posted

[quote:7bc034774a=\"Nicki B\"]Keep with it emma its horrible at the start i could hardly get out of bed and when i did it was because i thought i was going to be sick. drink plenty of water ok! and try to time eating little bits when you can. I used to get waves of sickness and try and time eating when i felt abit better before the sickness came back but it didnt always work.. it does go though your going through the worse time just stick with it. we are all here for support x[/quote:7bc034774a] hi nicki thank u for ur comment i asm sticking with them ive got to up them next week to one in morning n one at nite ive still not eaten its been a over a week i only have to smell food and it makes me want to be sick the cold chills are not nice either but im going to carry on wiv them
  • Posted

Hi emma thats just how i was for about 2/3 weeks you will lose weight i think everyone does dut to not being able to eat because of the sickeness but really it does go just stick with it.. i just drank water and strawberry YOP as i couldnt actually face soilds without getting the boke.. not sure what week im on now actually maybe 5/6 and flu is helping me already so much again. x
  • Posted

[quote:30ec7ee98d=\"Nicki B\"]Hi emma thats just how i was for about 2/3 weeks you will lose weight i think everyone does dut to not being able to eat because of the sickeness but really it does go just stick with it.. i just drank water and strawberry YOP as i couldnt actually face soilds without getting the boke.. not sure what week im on now actually maybe 5/6 and flu is helping me already so much again. x[/quote:30ec7ee98d] hi nicki do you have msn cause would love to chat more if you wanted to cause i need someone that knows how i feel to talk to emma
  • Posted

Hi emma sorry iv not been on for a couple of days due to problems with my laptop.

yes im on msn you can chat anytime ok its XXXXX it doesnt have any spaces in it but i needed to put them in so i cld post on here the address without it being blocked

get intouch soon ok and keep going

Nicki

[color=green:fdb79ba89e][size=9:fdb79ba89e][i:fdb79ba89e][b:fdb79ba89e](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.)

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.)[/b:fdb79ba89e][/i:fdb79ba89e][/size:fdb79ba89e][/color:fdb79ba89e]

• Posted

emma i sent you a private message ok x
  • Posted

just taken third tablet. also been cold and shivery all day and had a headache. took iuprofen - didn't realise this was a no no.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.