Day 2 sertraline help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So this is day 2 I'm ment to be taking my 2nd day 50mg of sertraline I've woken up feeling horrible and weird, does anybody else get a weak left arm?? It's really creaking me out thinking I'm having a stroke! ALSO has anybody got any positive stories on sertaline as I'm undecided weather to carry on taking them or not 😥

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Victoria

Your weak left arm could be an anxiety symptom or a side effect of the drugTaking a AD for 2 days is not going to help you it takes 4 to 6 weeks from then to kick in.

Everyone reacts differently to medication.

I take 150mg of sertraline they do nothing for me Ive been on them 6 weeks now,my side effects were headache weak limbs and blurred vision.

You have to decide if you want to take a AD because most of them will have side effects.

AD's are important to me as I have severe depression I dont think they do much for anxiety.

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks for replying Lynn, I've taken my 2nd tablet and struggling through hopefully they work soon don't no how much longer I can carry on like this
    • Posted

Hi Victoria

Some people will never be able to take AD's dont suffer in silence go back to you doccry

Take care x

• Posted

I feel like the doctors arnt very helpful I've been a couple of times now and they just say I need to take them for at least 6 weeks, it's just so difficult it's like a vicious circle I can't get out of, if only there was 1 magic pill taken once an we would be cured ay lol. Thanks x
    • Posted

If only that magic pill existedcool

They say AD's make you feel worse before better cause they take a fair few weeks to settle down

It sucks I knowcheesygrin

• Posted

i am on sertraline, but your doctor should of told you to take half a tablet for a week and then the full tablet, give them time as they do work and help i am alot better now than i was

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.