Day 21

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I'm on day 21 of 10mg of citalopram and for the first time I'm feeling almost anxiety free I even managed to forget about it for a white today 😀 FEELING A BIT EXCITED TO BE "ALMOST NORMAL" so anyone out there just starting or in the earily stages it gets better a lot better 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, so pleased for you..and I hope goes the same for me...i started on 10mga week Las Thurs, went up to 20mg last Friday and boy have I felt crap...i've never had anxiety issues and a few hours after the first pill started feeling jumpy, that's not to mention the nausea, constipation, insomnia, none of which I've ever had before taking citalopram, my anxiety has just today started easing...i hope everything follows soon, thanks for sharing, I'm glad ur starting to feel better xx
    • Posted

I can't say it's gone completely but it has eased a lot --- the symptoms u have are awful I had them all as well and developed more when I started the meds but deffo hang in there as they do ease ❤️
  • Posted

HI, mine has taken longer (3 months) and up to 30mg.

From reading and discussing here I realise everyone takes there own time depending on the individual and the diagnosis. However, the anxiety has basically gone so has most of the side effects apart from a little feeling of being spaced once a day now for about half an hour.

I posted a discussion re multiple dreaming each night and took the advice offered of taking it late, just before bed. This has over the past 4 days reduced them to single dreams and they don't bother me as much, sometimes I don't even remember what they were about.

I have counselling in the next week or two when an appointment is available, a full health check in three weeks and two days after one with the Doctor, who will sign me off a further two months.

Things are generally getting better, but we need to be sure I am as fit as possible before I decide what to do next. Overall the sticking plaster for my brain seems to be working!

Good luck with your progress, it is good to read and encouraging for all.

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi David

It took a really good while for me too.  I started 20mg last July and it was at least mid October before I noticed a huge difference.  It was defo better after a month but really slow progress until I felt able to be brave and back to myself.  I too still have the dream issue, insomnia was chronic to start with and my GP was going to change my meds because of the dreams but I can handle them really.  I do take mine at night and I can have epic movie length dreams (last night for instance) lasting 2 or 3 hours when I'm strangely aware that I'm dreaming and can even wake up then doze and on and off and still be dreaming the same storyline.  I am AMAZED what my brain can come up with!!!!!  I really should start writing a book lol.

Good luck on your journey xx

• Posted

Hi.....I'm by no means free but I feel I've turned a corner which I'm happy with....I agree everyone will be different with recovery times etc when on meds...I had awful anxiety for months I was convinced I could manage myself but it wasn't to be! I hope u get ur appt for councelling  Unfortunately the waiting list where I live for councelling was to long so I was unable to get referred so I went to  mindfullness classes which i really think were great there's also lots online to....I also googled on utube meditation for sleep and played it when I was in bed and it helped my mind to stay focused....I hope this helps and do hang in there xx
    • Posted

Hey Louise,

Start making notes! They say there is a book in everyone and why not start with one you have to do little (waking) research for. Every night the picture plays!

It is good that you can handle them, I did to a point, but some slightly dark ones made me want the show to end (the dreams!) so now things are better!

Good luck!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thanks a18842 will take a look!

Good luck with your progress.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Congratulations!! Happy to hear that! I'm on day 16 and feeling a bit better each day. We all can get through this!! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.