Day 22

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ... just started 4th week for depression /anxietyside effects still with me but not to such an extent sleeping still hard I eventually do sleep a reasonable amount of time but takes hours to get over ... every morning still a challenge getting out of bed but fortunately able to lie in the morning ... sweats still horrendous ... more concerned about the still continual low mood and the feeling it will never get any better ... did have a brief period of feeling a bit better yesterday ... I think !!! It's hard to tell but this morning feel shake and hopeless ... totally hate myself for being in this situation

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Its still early wait till 6th week and then you will feel much better by the time and i am on 11th week ans felt much better on week 10
  • Posted

Hi there , I've been this way myself an really couldn't see the light t the end of the tunnel! Until.... I came off citalopram an worked through it myself ! I'm currently waiting to start an 8werk course for anxiety also.

I get annoyed at myself for not being "normal" and wishing I was like others and had a different life I have everything I've ever wanted my own home my precious little girl my understanding boyfriend my dad was an alcoholic which played a big part of my life but has now been clean several years but still I get days where I'm totally fed up! But these pills work differently for everyone an they just were not for me when I think back to when I was on them (just under a year ago) I realised I was worse when I was on them they really made me feel not human and I didn't like it! They did help with my over worrying but I think that's cos they made me like a zombie! I have the time of day for anyone who suffers with depression an anxiety so please if u want to chat in here! Don't give up on yourself yet! How long have you suffered with this?

• Posted

Thanks for replies ... had depression a few yrs ago after marriage break up and death of mother ... took citalopram at the time and did get better ... came off slowly after 9 months with no real problems but this time terrified it won't work. .. this episode started after a period of exam stress and the break up of a relationship, the first sInce marriage broke up ... I'm half way through a psychology degree ( mature student 49 ) atm I'm off for summer just as well as I'm not functioning or motivated to do anything atm ... just feel.my life's beyond my control atm and looking for reassurance that it gets better ...

• Posted

It takes a while to recover any positive thing you can do for yourself aids the process

Above all please be compassionate with youself we are all human look in the mirror and love the person you see they have been through a lot of life

• Posted

Trying too see a brighter future but my life seems out of my control atm ... simple decisions seem like mountains . Can only hope it gets better soon ... lack of motivation is a big problem also ... anyway going to get myself to a meet up group tonight know a few of the people alternative is the TV might be fun ... nothing ventured and tommorows another day down the rd to recovery .
    • Posted

I totally empathize trying to take a shower seems like climbing mount Everest it sounds like you are on the right track sending positive energy your way
    • Posted

Thanks ... its helpful to know your not the only one ...how long have you been on the meds ... ?
    • Posted

About 14 weeks along the way I have been doing a lot of meditation and recognizing negative thoughts as thinking and staying more in the center hiking a lot as well
    • Posted

You are not alone And you can make it through as uncomfortable as it is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.