Day 23 Post TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Knee decided it wanted to a pain today! Quite swollen and stiff. Physio exercises that have not caused any issues previously are hard to do today. Spending the day iced and elevated hoping to sort!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You will have good days and bad days , try to forget the bad and enjoy the good . You will get there in the end . It can be a long hard struggle for some , but not for all , pain control is better than pain relief , take your medication before the pain gets a grip . Ice , physio as much as you can without over doing it , and moisturise your knee and the scar area . 19½ years since my left knee 17½ the right , had no problems and still going strong .

• Posted

Hope it's better soon Freestork:-))))  I've just been out to a shopping outlet and the operated knee behaved beautifully again.  Just the other one playing up, but I've noticed it's less tiring walking with one good knee and one bad one, rather than two bad ones!  The muscles in the leg of the bad one were aching as I was obviously trying to keep the knee stable as I walked, whereas the operated leg was fine!

• Posted

It happens. Good to ice and elevate. If you can, get up and walk every hour. Breathe in fully and out fully to elevate your oxygen level, too. This walking will keep your circulation moving and will distract you especially if you stop at the kitchen for a snack!😁

• Posted

We are all in thrall to our knees aren't we Freestork? One day it's fine, the next it can blow up & you feel you are back to square one again!

Just the fun of TKR I'm afraid!!

Go with the flow, when it does blow up, give it a bit of an easy day, then start again the next day!!

The knee is in charge, not you.

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.