Day 25 and feeling rubbish

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi girls. 

Again I have woken up this morning and got a splitting headache. I also have a sore back which gets worse as day goes on. 

Anyone else suffering?  Apart from that my wound is healing well and I am getting around much easier. 

Thanks

lee x

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

((((((hugs)))))) have you taken anything for the headache? a vanilla candle helps me to ease a headache away
    • Posted

Hi Judy. 

Cant believe I have spent last 3 weeks on no pain relief and am now on paracetamol every 4 hours for my head. 

Didnt think of a candle

thanks

lee x

• Posted

Morning Lee,

Sorry that you are not feeling great today.When are you seeing your consultant again?I am 19 days post op and getting on very well.I wish i could share my secret with you but i don't have one not unless it is all the coffee and cake.I over done it slightly yesterday as i saw my Mum and bought some shopping for lunch.The bag was quite heavy and i had to phone her to meet me when i got to her home.She lives in sheltered housing which is quite big and a fair walk from the main entrance to her flat.Once i sat down for a while i was ok.Today i am having an easy day and then going to the works agm tonight.Meeting,buffet& disco.I think i might pass on the disco!

luv

Teresa

xx

• Posted

Hi Teresa. 

Ha ha a disco. Can't even think about that without wincing. 

You have done so well. I think a lot of my symptoms are hormonal. I didn't get another appt to see the consultant. I am going to phone my doc tomorrow though and pop along and see her next week. My wound is healing nicely so that's good. Yes I went shopping yesterday and reached up in Markys to get some yoghurt and took a dizzy turn. I sometimes forget what I have just been through. 

I am getting out and about with Max and poppy though so that's good. 

Have a nice relaxing day and enjoy tonight. Take it easy. 

Lee x

• Posted

Good morning.

I didn't get a headache but I had a sore back for quite a while. I thinks it's because of the amount of time in surgery on the flat, hard, metal bed! Ugh!

Make sure you're staying hydrated, that will cause headaches as well.

Take care of yourself!

• Posted

Hi lee

Everytime a get up n walk about my back starts to hurt, and I do keep getting headaches but I ve put it down to my sleep pattern not back to normal. Maybe it is yr HRT? I have nt got mine yet so hope it doesn't make me have more headaches.

Maybe ask your doctor if your headaches don't go away. Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I think its your lack of estrogen as Ihad awful headaches when i had zoladex which stopped ovaries producing estrogen for short time. My Dr said it will take a while for hrt levels to sort and to expect probs. What hrt are you taking? I'm really not looking forward to it as I know its going to happen to me too. I did find naproxen took edge off better than paracetamol or ibuprofen. Dr can prescribe. Hope it settles soon for you xx
    • Posted

Thanks. I'm taking oestrogel but I don't think I am taking a strong enough doze. I will see doc next week. I hate having headaches. 

Thanks I will ask her about naproxen. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi Lee

Try meditation, I know I keep pushing this on you, but you will be amazed how calming it is and perfect for getting rid of headaches.  Don't forget you have had major surgery and the body reacts by being stressed which releases cortisol into the system causing all sorts of aches and pains.  Give it a go, Max and Poppy will love it too.  Go to YouTube tap in Relaxing Meditation and you will find lots to choose from.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. 

I forgot all about this. I am definitely going to try it. 

These headaches are getting me down. 

I will let you know how I get on. 

Thanks lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

Excellent, hope it works, try to do it every day, or at least 3 times a week, you will be amazed at how relaxed and good you feel.  

I am just starting my long journey on testing my bladder.  Had to give it a month to recover, now I start my bladder monitoring diary and test a different food each  week to see the reaction.  I hated doing this when I had to do it a year before the surgery, but this time I am accepting it like each item is a real treat, and just maybe I can keep some of the items in my daily food.  Still I am so grateful for being fixed, giving up some foods is a minor inconvenience.  

Hope you are soon feeling on top of the world.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Good luck Jacqui. 

It sounds like the op was a total success so fingers crossed you will be able to have lots more variance in your diet. 

It's hard to believe that we are away to enter our 4th week since the op.  Time is flying in. 

I will let you know how I get on. 

Thanks again

lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

Hope your headache is getting better, and you will be soon enjoying your recovery.  It is very hard to believe we are in our 4th week.  There does the time go?  

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Poppy

Hope you are feeling better today, I started with really bad headaches last Tueasday really banging and not even the paracetomol i was taking was shifting it, however on friday I went to the doctors to get started on my HRT and have not had one since, I have also had a bad back but I have put that down to bad posture in the first couple of weeks post op and lying down alot. Hope you feel better real soon x

Nikki xx

• Posted

Hi Nicola 

how long ago did you have your op?

i have docs on wed. I think I need to up my HRT dose. 

I think you are right about back pain. 

I am still walking a bit stooped x

thanks

lee x

• Posted

Hi Poppy

I had my op 18 days ago and still get very tired and my wound is healing nicley, but can be sore on some days especially towards the end of the day and at night. I am taking Elleste 2mg oestrogen only HRT.

Nikki xx

• Posted

Thanks Nikki

i am taking oestrogel which is a gel I rub into my upper arm. 

I think I need to increase my dose though but I will ask my doc about that. 

My wound is getting much better. I had a bit of weeping on the right side but that has stopped now. I still have surgical tape over the ends and middle which has not come off yet. 

Thanks

lee x

• Posted

Did you have staples or stitches ? My stitches were intradermal which means they were all dissolvable under the skin, I think that makes a difference as the removed my dressing when i left hospital.

Nikki x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.