Day 3 of mirtazapine 15mg from depression.

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I also take venlafaxine 257.5mg. Could anyone tell me in their experience when they felt an improvement in their mood and also when the increased appetite kicks in? Many thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

For depression!

• Posted

You should start to feel better within a few days improving all the time.

Beware of the appetite as it creeps up in you slowly and before you know it you are hooked. 

Heres hoping an increased appetite is what you want. Please be very careful if it is not because it will get hold of you like you could never imagine. I am battling with an increase of 2 1/2 stone plus and rue the day I started them.

Hope this helps you to stay aware and make any informed decisions.

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, thanks for you reply. I hope to feel the improvement in my mood within a days. No I am not after the increased appetite that seems to be so common when you take mirtazapine. I'm hoping I'm one of the few who's appetite isn't affected! Just really hoping this antidepressant works for me. Thanks again
  • Posted

Hiya pamjam I'm on 30mg of mirt for anxiety and depression and lack of sleep iv been on mine this will be my third week iv had quite a few side affects in the beginning and as for eating my cravings started as soon as I taken my first tab I'm loving the weight gain only problem now is not helping with my anxiety nor sleep as for depression every one varies I have good days and bad best of luck hunny
    • Posted

Hi Kathleen, thanks for your reply. I really hope your anxiety subsides and your sleep improves. Take care and best of luck to you too
    • Posted

Thanks Kathleen for your reply. Glad to hear you've had some positive effects from mirtazapine with the weight gain. I really hope you get some some improvement with your anxiety and sleep. Take care and all the best
    • Posted

I have been on 45 Mirtazapine for over 6 months now and have only gained a few pounds. I am also on 150 Venlafaxine and that has been the best thing for my mood.I don't seem to have any side effects from either. Possibly more vivid dreams with the Mirtazapine and a bad taste in the mouth from the Venlafaxine which I disguise with chewing gum. I am in my mid 70s and maybe will be on this medication for life. We shall see. Maggie

• Posted

Hi Maggie, thanks for your reply. That's good to hear your positive experience with mirtazapine. I am so keen for this to work as my depression has been unbearable. Thanks again and all the very best
  • Posted

I was on 225mg venlafaxine when my psychiatrist added on 15mg mirtazapine, then upped it to 30mg. I felt an improvement in mood after a few days, and no serious side effects. I've been happily on the combination for several years now, and never had any increased appetite or weight gain. In fact, I didn't know weight gain was a common side effect, until I read it on one of these forums! I make a point of NOT reading the side effects until after I've tried a new medication, because otherwise I could imagine I had all of them.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your positive reply. I think you were very wise not to read about the possible side effects until you've tried the med yourself! I hope the combination works as well for me as it has for you. All the very best and I hope you continue to keep well
  • Posted

Hi pamjam

I found mirtazipine yanked me out of deep depression in record speed whereas, my previous med didn't. I am eating much more but i don't care at this stage as i lost a huge amount of weight over the previous six months. I am having some really good days and only one off day, which is today. I have only been back on mirt for 10 days but I can already see huge improvement. Munchies started a couple of days ago! But firstly I want to concentrate on getting fully recovered and then I may monitor my food intake. I would rather be bigger then have depression!

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

god bless ♥♥

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, many thanks for your reply. That's great that mirtazapine is working well for you. I really hope it does the same for me. I hope you continue to keep well. Take care

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up