Day 3 of removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good evening everyone! I'm on day 3 of my gallbladder removal and I'm really sore in my stomach area which I expected. My shoulder and neck are very sore and I heard that can happen from the gas or air. My question is in between my boobs are very tender too, almost like an inner bruise or something. Did anyone else have that too, and any tips on how to get all this air out of my dang body? Thank you for reading. 🖤

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry that you are having all this pain.  I went to the ER (before I knew I had

gall bladder problems) thinking I was having a heart attack due to the pain under

my boobs and around the back..After a chemical C-scan and heart monitoring

It was diagnois as Gall bladder.  The hospital gave me Pepcid which works

and I now stay away from ALL food over 5grs of fat.  Plus I have a rare form

or blood cancer (wherein I must limit my iron intake) so you can see how limited

I am with food.  Go to google when necessary to ck fat content and ck. ALL labels for fat content.  Good luck!!

• Posted

Hi, make sure that you keep moving around your house for short bursts and I know its be mentioned that peppermint tea helps with the gas.

I can't remember to be honest and it was only March, I know I was tender all around that area but I wonder if it makes a difference what size you are, if your larger in size maybe it hurts more.

Did they give you any emergency numbers to call as I would phone them and get some advice. I did that just to ask for some advice and they were really good.

Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Thank you. I'll call in the morning. I'm only 125 pounds so I'm not sure if the gas inside me makes it worse or not

• Posted

I know that the gas can cause people some problems and takes a little while to go but they always said to me you should improve every day even if its a little bit so if you're getting worse symptoms or something different then please go and get some advice. Its much better for your own peace of mind, it certainly helped me as you don't know whats normal or not.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.