Day 3. On reducing.

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi!

Okay, so yer wondering what happened to Day 2?! In two words "raging toothache", or abscess! Then I forgot to take my dosage (40mg) last night which I took at 5am this morning feeling ok and the pain killers gave me a pretty good nights sleep.

So, nothing to report, unless it hits me for delaying taking Cita for 6 hours. Hopefully not, remember I missed it for over a day once and DO NOT want to go there again!

It is a bit of a coincidence that like now beginning the reduction when I started I had flu for over 3 weeks. So, initially I did not experience the side effects well, not until the flu disappeared! Now I have toothache!

Off to an emergency dental appt at 08:45 this morn to get it sorted then, may be, I can continue the reduction without any distractions.

Ps If this is brought on by worry or paranoia then I have one hell of an imagination!

Take care y'all.

David

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Morning David, yes I will keep everyone posted! Just as I'm sure other people's stories help me, someone can relate to mine, and let them know they aren't alone! Flu and toothache- Ouch! Hopefully it's not ur imagination, What could b next? I forgot, how long have u been on Cita? Good luck at the Dentist!!
    • Posted

Hi Beth,

Thanks. Actually, luck could not intercede here as I had a bit of work done and still a bit sore.

I have been on Cita just over 7 months.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Oh my word, the things phones do, Just wanted to say well done and hope all went well at the dentist. Good luck for the days ahead, I am sure you will be just fine. Lee 
  • Posted

Oh no, that's soooo painful for you :-(

Wishing you the best at the dentist.  Interesting you had flu the last time you reduced.  Maybe your resistance is low?  Coincidence? neutral

K xx 

• Posted

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the wishes, but I had a bit of work done and still a bit sore.

Sorry I realise I have confused a few here! Oops! 

When I started on Cita I had flu. Now, as I begin the reduction, I have toothache! I am a first time forum-er and first time on meds.

However, in my defence, I had just came out of dental work and was a bit FUZZY!

Have a GREAT! weekend.

David & Ann XXX

• Posted

A Very Merry Mid-Summer's Day to you Kate,

Have had constant ringing for two days and not sure if the work done so far on the teeth has completely sorted the problem. Dentist may just have found two other bits of work that needed doing in the meantime. Therefore, I am still quite sore and living off soup.

Unfortunately, we have used up all our own home made and now on bought! It is adequate.

Have a great day, whatever you do!

Bestest Regards,

David x

• Posted

Thank you David, and to you too.

Ringing in the ears is one of the side effects of this type of medication.  Maybe it's part of withdrawal too?  Could well be the tooth problem that's heightened it - reckon it'll wear off.  Hoping, anyway.

Ah, you can't beat homemade soup can you ..... 

Today would have been my dad's 99th birthday and sadly the day we lost our mum too.  But, I'm meeting my sisters today for dinner to reminisce over the happy times, many funny times too!  Looking forward to a family day :-)

Hope the soup's good, and hoping you heal quickly smile

K xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up