Day 30

Posted , 4 users are following.

So It's been 30 days since I started Mirtazapine,

I started on 15mg, and I felt great. I felt like my old self again. But a few days later a situation occurred that made me depressed and anxious. 

My low mood started to effect me more and more, mainly on my appetite and stomach.

By day 18 I decided to go back to my GP, it wasn't my normal GP though. But they upped my dosage to 30mg.

The higher dosage only made matters worse, I became more nauseated. With obsessive thinking and increased anxiety and depression

So by day 25 I went back to my GP, they told me my dosage had been upped too quickly, and they put me back onto 15mg.

It's been 5 days since then and I still feel pretty nauseated and anxious. I started to get more and more concerning symptoms: a burning/hot flush sensation in my face, throwing up acidy bile, shaking and trembling. And a lump in my throat sensation.

I went back to my GP yesterday. He prescribed me 50mg of Cyclizine and told me to carry on taking Mirtazapine for a week, he signed me off work for this week and said if there weren't any improvements in this week to come back to be reassessed.

My appetite still feels low, and the nausea is still there. The shaking seems to have gotten worse as well. And I did end up vomiting this morning.

I just hope something works out this week.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ur not having a gd time of it I was on them 5 wks and came off them myself my doctor doesn't know I just couldn't handle the eating the slurring words and shaking

• Posted

I just don't know what's going on, I felt great the first two weeks. But now I just feel awful...

• Posted

I took it for three years at low dose and now,off the nausea etc has never gone thats why ive given up. Be very careful, its not easy to get off.
  • Posted

There's a support group on Facebook robert if you want to join? . Good group with help.let me know and I will give you name of who to add as group is secret

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.