Day 4

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would like peoples opinion please. following a very frank and distressing 2 hour appointment with the psychiatrist  it was decided to stop cit straight away wait a week and start mirtazepine. The last time I took 20mg of cit was thursday evening. I can take diazapram if required, which i haven't yet.

My head feels lighter even empty, my mood feels lighter maybe too light. i went out last night after 9pm and walked along the edge of a set of locks the water was a long way down but i found this amusing and fun. Didn't want to commit suicide but thought about jumping in for the fun of it.I was even laughing. thats a first for a long time. didn't jump mind you.

Is this a temporary high because i'm coming off cit or is the fun go lucky me coming back? Have other people experienced this feeling. Will I suddenly come crashing down?

I at present am debating starting the other drug, I don't want to put on weight and it has a sedating effect.

Talked to my cpn today she is not sure why I am feeling like this either could be withdrawral related but then again I'm not really thinking about much. Haven't really cried since saturday night either. It feels really weird.

Hope you can understand or make some sense of my ramble maybe my head is still a bit or a lot muddled.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina

Ooh I'm not sure, as I've come off this medication before and felt quite sick and had a buzzing head.  I suppose I did feel a bit weird, but the sickness overshadowed everything.

I'm so sorry you've had all these problems whilst taking this medication, but I suppose it affects people in different ways, with both taking it and withdrawing too.

• Posted

Hi Katecogs

I haven't felt sick maybe a bit dizzy but then I was at a keep fit class this evening. 

I was put on this because of my suicidal tendancies, anxiety and depression but at present it feels as if it could of made them worse but then again I don't know how I would of been without it. I could of already commited suicide anyway. I know it is early days but i haven't felt this light or high for years. It must be drug related surely. I hope I haven't been going through all these terrible feelings and experiences because of this drug. 

• Posted

Hi Tina,

It's a strange one to be honest I don't know the answer. Maybe it's a reaction to the sudden withdrawal? I do know coming off citalopram made me fell very low, but u did start amitriptyline at the same time so it could have been that making me feel worse. May be similar to what they have given you make you sleepy and put weight on. I really think you should do what is best with you. Don't take the other medication if you can handle it see how you go and I'm sure you will know what to do x

• Posted

Hi Amy

I never seem to do things by half. It's almost as if the last 9 months of feeling so down and suicidal has been a dream, but then the illness and death of my husband seemed unreal too. I haven't finished sorting alot of things about that yet either. i'm gettng myself in a muddle now. A gentle evening stroll I think is on the cards. Another thing I read ages ago people who do commit suicide tend to be euphoric before too. So people think they are getting better not sure where that thought came from. I think i'd better shut up. Have a nice night. xx

• Posted

Oh please don't do anything like that. I'm sorry to hear about your husband, I hope you have got some other family and friends to help get you through this x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.