Day 4

Posted , 4 users are following.

So it's my 4th day of not taking Fluoxetine (As ordered by my Doctor). And honestly I feel normal.

It's so strange, ever since I went to my doctor on Tuesday and I was prescribed domperidone and a new anti depressant I've been feeling great.

I haven't taken the escitalopram yet (I have to wait 6 days until I start that). But the domperidone has knocked the nausea and vomiting out of me.

I can eat, not just small snacks. But proper indulgent eating, I feel happy and bubbly and relaxed. I still have some small sleeping issues and slight morning anxiety. But once I take the domperidone I feel fine.

I'm not sure what it is, and part of me is questioning whether I should take antidepressants anymore (Sounds naive and foolish). 

I have an appointment scheduled for tuesday, so I'll ask my doctor for advice then.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am on domperidone too. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.  Happy to hear you are feeling a bit better

I found escitalopram helpful for quite a while but had to stop after restarting it because of the domperidone (dr stopped anything that could cause nausea- which he said flux doesn’t.... hummm) 

Glad to her you are feeling better.  I would still take the anti depressant though.   That’s just me?  Good luck xxx

• Posted

How often/ dose are you taking of the domperidone?  I am only doing 10 mg in the morning right now 

I am supposed to go out for dinner so thinking of taking another one (I can take up to 3 a day) 

Just wondering what your dr ordered 

I’m

In canada. Domperidone isn’t approved in the US although in Canada they give it constantly to breastfeeding moms to support milk development for their new babies.  

• Posted

Hi Mel,

Yeah I think you're right about the antidepressants. I'm seeing my doctor on tuesday to discuss where to go in terms of medication.

I'm on 10mg of domperidone, I take it 3 times a day. One in the morning, one before dinner and one before bed. I live in the UK, so it's easier to have domperidone prescribed.

• Posted

The half life of Fluoxetine is longer than most ADs and so leaves your system much more slowly. After 4 days you will still have a reasonable blood plasma level of the drug, so it us still treating you.

The good news is that due to that slow process, stopping Fluoxetine can be easier than other ADs for the majority of people and so you will most probably may now not experience too many issues if you stop completely. ie: the course of treatment has done its job and you may not need to go onto another AD.

However you need to assess this over a few weeks rather than days.

Avoid long term use of Domperidone!

It can cause heart problems and increased anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.