Day #4, diagnosed by both a PA and a dermatologist - told to ride it out.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Thanks to all for the informative narrations of your experiences. I woke up Saturday feeling lousy and thinking my allergies were in full bloom and that the rash on my chest was from a chemical added to our hot tub which I used the day before. In hindsight, I realize I had a herald spot but dismissed it as nothing the days before the outbreak started. Like all of you, I became a PR junkie and am reading as much as I can now that I have the diagnosis. The PA said to let it run its course and the derm offered a topical steroid but based on comments here, I might take a pass on that. I am probably one of the older individuals (67) but healthy and on no meds and eat a healthy diet. I do stress easily though and agree this could be a trigger. Based on stories I've read, I think my case is fairly severe as I am covered with them front and back from the neck down, it's migrating down my arms and also beginning to creep down my legs. I try not to look at them much because it is freaking me out. I am writing you as I sit in the sunshine despite my derm's warning to not do this because I've had 3 bouts of skin cancer. Regarding the Prreze cream, are they all the same on Amazon? I've been using Aloe Vera gel because it feels refreshing and I detest thick, heavy creams. Coincidentally, I had started a brand new calcium supplement a few days prior to the outbreak and thought, initially, this might have triggered the attack. I had the hives once in grade school before a performance (nerves I guess) but nothing in all the years since. I had mono twice in college and battled EBV after the birth of a second child and realize things lay dormant in our bodies until the perfect storm invites them back in. Any comments on the Prreze cream you can share is most appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I was the same as you, it was all over my body from neck down all over my back and front, then it went down my legs and arms also. I do think it is related to stress that triggers it. It will go away be careful of the sun as the skin will peal off and the new skin is very sensitive. The only good thing after PR is your skin will look and feel amazing, I had some blotchy patches of white on my arms but they are fading now.

Go for a swim in the ocean that definitely made my PR much better than anything else i tried. Thinking of you as its a very tough time but stay confident knowing it will go away. Take care.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you - if I had an ocean nearby, I'd give it a try! I am following the protocols others have mentioned with modifications. I will report back in a week or so to update. Thanks for your words.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am a Prreze advocate. My PR lasted for 14 months- if you just look at my profile it will tell you how long I have been here and what I have posted. I was biopsied at month 9, sent home with a steroid and a pat on the head. The dermatologist said it would go away "after a while" and that it usually did not last that long.... I came to the forums, and tried everything that anyone had recommended. Nothing helped- dandruff shampoo, ayurveda, sage, Chinese yellow cream, black soap, bio oil, marjoram, coconut oil, aloe vera, bleach... I live in south Texas, and I worked as a housepainter, so, if sunshine helped, my PR would have been gone immediately. I was covered from neck to ankles. It was in my mouth. Scalp. Not on my face, hands or feet though. It itched. Not tear your face off, just constant low grade can't fall asleep, grumpy at everything itch.

I found Prreze on eBay, bought it, and within a week of my first application the rash was gone. The itch was gone within an hour of first application. That alone would have made me happy. My husband stayed with me during this whole ordeal, he kept telling me that it did not make him love me any less and was very supportive. I cannot imagine trying to date or go to a job where you have to interact with people with this rash.

I hope yours follows the "normal" 6 to 12 weeks.

Get out of the sun, sounds like you have enough problems already!

Please keep us posted!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you! I spent most of yesterday researching and trying to figure out what I want to do with all the information. For starters, I stopped the steroid cream and have done the Clinical Head and Shoulders twice, followed by a cooling aloe vera gel. I added L-lysine and Vitamin C to my other vitamins. I ordered Prreze last night and can't wait to give it a shot. I hope to have the same results you and others had and will look forward to being the next cheerleader of the cream. Thank you for your reply.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

As stated on the PR websites, doctors believe PR is from a virus, personally I don't think any creams etc will work as its from the inside out, I think your immune system has to get rid of it naturally, the moisturising cream such as Sorbalean will help with itchiness as the skin becomes really dry. In 5 weeks it should be gone, only take advice from the doctors that are qualified to give the advice.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up