Day 5 and bad side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on day 5 after switching from lexapro. The last 3 days have been terrible. Diarrhea, no appetite, on edge. Is this all normal? Will it get better? I can't continue to eat hardly anything. I need nutrition.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes for those of us that suffer side effects they usually include all of the above. I couldn't eat a thing, just didn't feel like it but at same time I started panicking that if I didn't eat I'd feel worse so I made sure at the very least I stayed hydrated and made sure to have a few sugary drinks everyday which surprisingly wasnt effected by my loss of appetite.  Lucazade was a life saver and even the odd energy drink (full of b vitamins) but don't go crazy on the energy drinks.. they contain way to much caffeine although the one can usually gave me the pickup I need first thing otherwise a nice cup of tea or coffee will suffice too.  My appetite returned around a week later and once it did my stomach (Diarrhea) settled too. As for the rest, the sweating, morning anxiety and feeling generally worse all have slowly got a lot better.  I'm only at week 7/8 and already I'm around 80% feeling good again.

Just keep telling yourself it WILL get better, it's just a case of riding it out. 8 weeks ago i was litrally in your position and had all sorts going through my head and now I'm here trying to help other people who feel like I did just a few weeks ago know that it can get better!

It helped me a lot reading other peoples experiences especially the positive ones and knowing I wasn't alone and there is light at end of tunnel.

Don't give in and goodluck smile

• Posted

Thank you. I needed your post. I have just finished 6 weeks and must go from 10 mg to 20 mg.  Today is an espically difficult day with extreme anxiety. 
    • Posted

Me too Nancy. It’s awful today. I feel so anxious , mad, lost. 
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, 

Totslly normal. I have all those same symptoms still and I’m eeek 7. It does get better but I still deal with it. My biggest things are nausea and dizziness. But all those things are very normal. Hi 

• Posted

Hi Jessica. I’m early days too. I know what you mean - you have no appetite, definitely not hungry, but your body is hungry. For me I feel worse when my body is hungry. I found that sipping on meal replacement drinks (like those from Atkins or Ensure, that have nutrition and protein on them) helped me. 

I am 3 weeks and still have some nausea and a wonky appetite, but it is getting better.

Take care.

• Posted

Yes Jessica all normal for you im afraid.. and waaaaay to early for it to settle down in your body, you will feel a lot worse b4 you feel better, sorry but that’s Prozac for you.. but it is a good med once it’s in your body, I’m 8+ month in to taking Prozac and feeling good, no symptoms any more, just able to smile again..

Good luk keep talking on here, as we have all gone through what you are going through now, don’t give up on your self, keep talking on here, and you will soon be there big hug 🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.