Day 5. Bit of a struggle tbh

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just a bit of an update. My op was Monday. Was so nervous about the anesthetic i didnt look past that

Had my dressings off yesterday and my pain meds changed to 100mg tramadol. In a lot of discomfort, very tired and feel sick.

Im just eating soup at the moment. Day after op my dad made me a very small chicken salad but it did not agree with me.��😢

When can i start gradually introducing other foods? Ive been given no advice on this other than avoid dairy for 2 weeks. TY X

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi paddy girl keep away from the salads for now. Too hard to digest as is broccoli and cabbage. Can you eat toast without the butter? Try mash potato too. Plain chicken and fish are ok too. Just keep it's plain and low fat as possible. You should be able to introduce these foods slowly over the next few days. You will need to stick to low fat for a while until your body adjusts. X
    • Posted

Hi again , just a thought.... So many of you say you feel nauseas and I havnt , but I did explain to anethatists that I get so sick after an op and that sickness  jab doesn't work so they said they had other things they can do at point of op so I'm wondering if that's stopped me feeling sick ?
    • Posted

Hi gillypoo I felt sick after the op in hospital and vomited in the hospital but was ok when I got home other than the diarrhea. The nausea/vomiting/dry wretching didn't start until 6 weeks after the Operation. How's the diarrhea today? Hope your improving. X
    • Posted

Oh dear that's not good ! I haven't had any today but just had a low fat curry my husband makes lovely curries and we found this one , I had a tiny portion so will see if it effects me. The normal curries he made before my op didn't bother me at all so we will see. Xxx
    • Posted

That sounds very positive gillypoo. It looks like you settling already. Glad you were able to eat a little bit of curry. That sounds very positive too. Hope you enjoyed it! Take care and keep us posted. X
  • Posted

Hi Paddygirl,

I found plain white rice helped with the excessive diarrhoea, my step mum spent a lot of time in India and she said plain white boiled rice helped with Deli Belly, I wasn't sure it would help but it did, once I'd got my stomach a bit more normal I was able to introduce a wider range of foods!!

Hope this helps!!

• Posted

It is helpful to read these updates as I am having my gallbladder out on Wednesday next week.

I think the eating is just a question of trial and error.

We have an excellent chemist in the village where I live and he was saying it could be 2 years before you can really get back to high fat stuff like hard cheese.

Hope you improve.

Love Sarah

• Posted

Funny though, when I had my operation the surgeon said I'll be back to normal in a couple of weeks and back fighting fit for work etc, it's coming up to 10 months since I had the cholecystectomy and my stomach still hurts at the wound sites!! They're clean and healed but if I lift something heavy or twist funnily all 4 scars hurt at the same time, I spoke to a couple of different professionals about this and they said it can take up to 2 years for the body to heal completely!! Also I find weight loss slightly more difficult since the gallbladder has been remove, anybody else have that problem??!! Also the muscle on the side of my stomach where all the wounds are is slightly damaged and is not as tight as the other side, giving it an uneven appearance!!
    • Posted

Hi Lucy it's probably scar tissue inside causing that sensation. Is it like a pulling sensation? They say weight loss can be an issue for some and that's supposed to be due to the fact you can eat everything now that your gallbladder is gone! Also I suspect it's due to the fact the gallbladder Breaks down the fat in your food and you no longer have that. Unfortunately muscle damage is a common side effect of any operation and I don't think it's reversible! I hope other than all that you are fully recovered from the operation and are back to leading a normal life. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.