Day 5 on 40 Mg citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on celexa since I was diagnosed with PPD after my daughter was born. It has worked so well for me for two years, on 20 mg. 

I relapsed recently over the last few weeks after a move out of state. I started on 30 mg for about 8 days and felt panicky and impatient as I wasn’t feeling better. I increased my dose up to 40 and have been on that for 5 days now. 

I’m just praying for relief at this point. I pray this medicine helps me. I have a child and my marriage is suffering because of all of this. I’m constantly in fight or flight mode. I have bad racing and negative thoughts. It’s debilitating. I’m so exhausted by the end of the day. I’m praying after a few weeks that this will help me get back to my old self. I’m only in my 20s and I feel like I have so much future ahead of me. 

Chores, work, motherhood, marriage, and life in general has just become  increasingly daunting. 

Does anyone have any encouragement for me? 

Thank you so much. Xoxo 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. It will get better. I have just Increased from 30 to 40mg. It will.just take time to get into your system. Stay in touch with yoyr dr though. They may he able to give you something alongside it to help. Also maybe try therapy. The meds help but are not a cure. We have to learn how to live with it and find our own coping strategies. I hope this helps. Good luck
  • Posted

I too have had my 10 mg dose,that I was on for three months, increased to 20 and in a few days to 30.  The reason for the increase is because a Psychiatrist that I had seen found that ten was too low and it should be increased to 30. I have been having waves of anxiety occur that I expected and will continue to push through in the hope that there will be a light at the end of this. I have faith that it will be ok
  • Posted

Having a pretty good day today. Feeling motivated and energetic for once. Got dressed and took my family to church. Was a touching service and I feel my faith being restored. 

Will keep you guys posted. Hope everyone feels better soon. Xoxo

• Posted

Just an update for people who are curious or are wondering if medicine helps. It’s been 12 days on 40 MG and I’m feeling 80% better. The racing thoughts have subsided. I’m able to concentrate, sleep and make decisions. Also my appetite is back, i was losing weight before, for all of the anxiety. I feel good again. Praying this stays this way for a very long time. Going to continue to work on myself, practice meditation, and self care to keep anxiety & depression at bay.

Thank you for reading.hope this helps someone. Xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.