Day 5 sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys this is my 5th day of sertraline 50mg.

I can't say as I'm feeling any benefit from this med yet as I'm still feeling very low and im physically exhausted.

I still can't eat and my body just feels like it's going to shut down or im going to go mad or something.....im currently living on two complans a day....and whatever else i can try and nibble on but generally nothing else.....Cant eat a meal. I managed to go downstairs yesterday and Saturday i went to go see a friend but it didn't make me feel any better. I just want the earth to swallow me up and be done with it.

Im trying to be positive but it's so hard to see any light right now. I'm 20 and feel like I've got nothing to live for. I'm sorry for posting such negativity all the time but I'm finding this pretty hard to get my head round.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky. Thanks for posting. I felt exactly the same at that point. I started to notice slight improvement s here and there after a couple of weeks and it gradually built up from there. It felt like it would never work for me but it did and it will for you. Try to distract yourself with books, movies,gentle exercise, yoga, burn essential oils, have baths, get a massage. Generally really look after yourself and treat yourself well. You deserve it. Depression/ anxiety is awful but these tabs are one step towards treating it x
    • Posted

Hi Thanks for the support.

It just sends my anxiety way up because i worry my body isn't getting enough nutrients to function and i worry how long it can keep going for without giving out.

So every weak bad feeling i get i worry its my body giving up.

I get nervous about just getting up and walking to the bathroom in case i feel worse.

I just feel like I'm about to burst with all these bad feelings.

It is very comforting to hear that others have had such good results with it though. But I'm so frightened that I'm going to be like this forever.

• Posted

hi vicky, i started of taking half of 25 for a week then 25 and am now taking 50mg this was best for me to build up, maybe you should take a low dose and build up, my side effects were much more bareable, and patience, good luck
    • Posted

Hi

Im feeling a little better today than yesterday i managed a small sausage roll and im a little more socaible but i dont know if it's the tablets or me......i need them to start working im self employed and need to earn some money xx

• Posted

Hi vicky I know how you feel I've been taking 25mg for a week now and don't feel any better the side effects are making me feel dreadful, I've no appetite , no motivation for anything, don't want to be on my own, feeling faint, feeling of doom over me constantly and feeling like I can't cope with it all I'm really hoping my medication starts working soon x
  • Posted

Hi Vicky (& Rachel),

As you can see, you are not alone in the way that you are feeling. I'm glad that you are gradually finding an appetite for some food, Vicky - this should help you get some strength back. Well done for getting out when you can. It might not have an immediate effect, but you are doing the right thing, as long as you don't push yourself too far. Have you got a friend who could walk out with you for support, if you are feeling weak? As Chris says, you need to be kind to yourself and not put yourself under too much pressure. I realise it is a worry to put your life on pause but your health matters most of all and without it, life could be harder in the long run, so invest this time and effort in your future health & well-being. Take one step at a time and you will get there. We are all on this journey together. Please stay positive & believe in yourself :-)

Good luck. Digsby xx

• Posted

Yes thank you very much for all the support everyone. So glad i joined this forum i dont normally do this sort of thing.

Yes ive got a friend who i can go out with for a walk but i dont hate feeling weak around people i just feel embarrassed if it happened but i suppose if it's what needs to be done. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Lots of love to everybody on here who is going through a tough time xxx

• Posted

Great Vicky! Keep going. Trust the people who care about you. You'd be supportive and non-judgemental if they were in the situation of needing your help so sometimes we need to allow others to help us. There's no shame in it. It just means that you will be strong and compassionate enough to reach out and help someone else in the future who has an "unseen" illness, because you have experienced it and come through it yourself. All the best to you,

Digsby

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.