Day 6-30mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all. I posted a few days ago about being bumped up to 30mg. From the few people on here that have bumped up to 30mg, it seems their side effects lasted less time and werent as severe. My side effects have been worse than when I started 20mg. More anxiety, panic, more tired, and more nausea than before. Does this sounds like 30 is too much for me, or is it typical that a higer dose can cause worse symptoms than the lower ones. I have a call into my dr, but wanted to hear what others have experienced. I am taking 1.5mg of Xanax a day to try and combat the anxiety, but it doesnt really seem to be helping. Any help appreciated. I feel like Im crawling out of my skin.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I should probably add that my husband is leaving town for two nights for the first time since all of this started and Im extremely anxious about that on top of the increase. And, Im more anxious this med is not going to work since I was doing so well on 20mg and then totally went back to square one.

• Posted

hi laura, if you were doing ok on 20mg why the increase? please dont say it was your doctors idea? i reduced my dose 10 months ago and im still trying to get stable xx

• Posted

I increased after having a four day blip where my anxiety was as bad as the day I started the meds. Called Dr and they told me to go up to 30mg.

• Posted

But I guess my question is how do you know theyre too high? If you have side effects on all doses, what makes the dose that is "too high" too high?

• Posted

i suppose you have to give it a few weeks till the side effects have gone & see where you are then

• Posted

if the side effects are unbereable and severe thats when you know that is too high.

• Posted

you started the whole process all over again by increasing.most people get relief from increases but the majority takes months to stabilize.if they stabilize?best regards

• Posted

i've been on it 15 weeks , did 5 at then went to 20. I've sort of plateaued, i can operate, go work, gym etc but can't get rid of morning anxiety, dry mouth or the trembling.

I don't know my next move, my Dr isn't that interested , i know he'll just bump me up to 30.

Any advice anyone?

• Posted

Morning anxiety was the last to go for me. Like you I had trembling and dry mouth also. I also had sweaty palms and feet, but they passed.

• Posted

I'm now 7 minths in and those effects happened not long after I started the meds. I started on 20mg, and now down to 10mg and feel great. I have anxiety issues and when I changed docs couple months ago, he suggested lowering to 10. Said lower dosages work better for anxiety abd he was correct as I feel great.

• Posted

when my meds were upped to 30 mg it was terrible , i stuck with it for 16 week, dr switched me to a different ssri feel alot better for it , everyones different hope the 30 mg works for you

• Posted

What made it terrible? The side effects never went away? Do you mind sharing why you were on it?

• Posted

I was having anxiety really bad all mornings and most afternoons , but always went by night time, just thought after 16 week i shouldv made improvement it was the same every day , 6 days is early days i would imagine for the upped dose

• Posted

I have anxiety but purely the physical symptoms, no depression , feel confident but the aching, shaking and numbness.

I've thought about switching to Escatalopran , im gonna give the Cit 6 months i reckon

• Posted

I have had anxiety for 20 years but always managed it without meds. Ive never suffered from depression, but when my anxiety decided to go crazy a couple of months ago out of nowhere and I couldnt control it, it did start to make me feel depressed and down which is why my dr and therapist said i needed to get on something fast. We didnt want to add depression to my list. All this trial and error and waiting on meds to work can certainly bring on down days wondering if you'll ever get better! My symptoms/side effects are mostly physical too, but I can get down when I think about feeling like this for the rest of my life!

• Posted

Mine came like a hammer blow early October. Toughed it out for 2 months then did Fluxotine for a month - horrendous side effects!

Switched to citalopram. Feel ok some days , others awful.

How long before i switch?

& what meds have you tried?

• Posted

Ive only tried Lexapro for a little over a week, and now Cit for 7. 6 weeks on 20mg and now a week on 30mg. Im still in the early stages of figuring it all out. Im just praying it works and I dont have to try a bunch more.

• Posted

every time you switch you will get start up effects and withdrawals, be careful playing with your brain these are powerful drugs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.