Day 6 post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys day 6 for me today and feeling good! Dressings off clips clean scars look neat. Am managing to sleep on left side now as well. Moving so much better and lost 7lb! Not had any problems good wise but am being careful watching what I eat. Am going to venture out and try a short walk today!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well done you , just go easy on the walk  you will be surprised how it takes it out of you. Xx
    • Posted

I will thanks Gill got a shock at size of my bruises lol xx
    • Posted

I only had one huge bruise under the belly button cut , and on my hand where they tried to get the Canula in !!!
    • Posted

Mines the same smaller ones around cuts but enormous under belly button xx
  • Posted

I am similar to you, this is day 8 for me Thought all dressing would come off this morning but District Nurse changed one and said someone would come back on Monday to take that off and that would be that.

She also said stitches would take 6 weeks to dissolve, I did not realise they took that long.

AM getting quite a bit of diarrhoea especially first thing in the morning but they did say that would happen so no surprise there.

Still a bit sore but would far rather be like this than i was with the gallstones.

Have not weighed myself since the op maybe I will.

Still being careful what to eat, but I too have had a short walk down the village.

Having my hair permed this afternoon it is a real mess so that will be a treat.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Lots of love

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Good to hear from you Sarah glad to see your on mend. Just back from walk pedometer says walked 4.38 miles! Think that was bit too much so resting up today. Have had no issues at all yet sickness or diarrhoea so fingers crossed xx
  • Posted

Glad to hear you are doing well. I had to do a bit of walking around then and was fine. Just had to sit down for a bit after. The bruised incision for me was the top center one. The rest were fine. But the bruise is almost gone now. Havent felt it since the first couple days. Just nice and colorful now haha.I hope the recovery keeps going as smoothly for you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.