Day 6 post-op - doom and gloom are back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Maybe some of you can relate to this.  When I went in for my surgery last Wednesday, and especially after it was over, I felt optimistic, like something was finally getting done about the symptoms I'd been having.  So the doctor removed the ovary and three polyps and smiled at me when she said there was nothing in the ovary after all.  For the next couple of days, I felt better emotionally, thinking "it's over" and good stuff like that.  Starting on Saturday, gradually, the doom and gloom feelings have returned, and I woke up feeling sad and teary today.  I know what the triggers are.  I'm waiting on pathology results from the surgery and was reminded yesterday in conversation with my mom that I still have an ovary and my uterus, and a few fibroids.  It is all a feeling of having cleared this hurdle but wondering what if the doctor was wrong and something shows up in the pathology results, or what if something bad turns up in future with the remaining ovary?  My anxiety is through the roof again.  So much has gone on over the last few months to get this far.  I know I need to give myself a break, especially while in recovery.  

2 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Praying it will be OK for you
    • Posted

Thanks Monique, it has been a rough few months of anticipating getting the issue resolved and I think really it has caught up with me.  Getting the lab results from the surgery is another piece of the puzzle.  It's been a week today since the surgery so hopefully they will call soon with good news.  
    • Posted

I think the waiting game is the worst cuz it keeps your anxiety up your mind just goes cuckoo just thinking something negative but keep positive thoughts and I am praying that everything turns out good you got this we'll all get through this eventually
    • Posted

It is the worst, you're right about how it keeps the anxiety up!  It was better for a couple of days after the surgery, like I was in some sort of euphoria, and now back where I started.  Weird! 
    • Posted

Praying for you Elizabeth! I go in on Friday and pray that I will be ok as well.
  • Posted

Hi elizabeth i can relate to you. I had Laperoscopic surgery and i felt relived when he said everything looks good. 

You just have to stay positive and not worry so much its in Gods hands now. 

Stay positive and remember they removed what was bothering you 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Elizabeth, where are you at in your cycle? Also, I have read that when one ovary is removed, it sometimes puts the other into a "sleep" or "shock" mode. It will take a bit for it to wake up and compensate for the other. Maybe that is what is going on and you don't have any hormones right now. 
    • Posted

I found some information about having one ovary removed.  It says that there is a reduced amount of estrogen and progesterone in the body.  I hadn't read about it before the surgery except for starting a discussion in the forums here to see if anyone had experience to share about dealing with peri with one ovary.  Didn't really get any responses.
    • Posted

Yes, that sounds about right. Especially if the other ovary is stunned from the surgery and hasn't produced any hormones yet. I would definitely ask your doc for some HRT for now to get you thru. I hope you start feeling better soon. My sugery is tomorrow and I will be asking my doc to start me on a low dose pill right after so that I am getting some hormones into me. 
    • Posted

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope that the day will go easily for you!  
  • Posted

All will be well. I'm praying for you and I have faith that all is fine. Anxiety can really do a number on you and it is natural to have it while waiting on results. You are strong and you will be fine. ((HUGS))
  • Posted

I know how you feel. It's the anxiety awaiting the results. Once you receive the good news, it will take a load off your mind! Then maybe your anxiety will settle down. Keep us posted. Praying for you. 
  • Posted

Thanks to you all.  Someone asked about my cycle, and I did start a period the second day after surgery, at 23 days, although the nurse said it might be post-surgery bleeding since I had laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, but have had a 24-day cycle earlier in the year, so could be either one.  The doctor said just before we went into surgery last Wed. that we would have the pathology results back by Mon. or Tues., but they have still not called.  I'm going to call in the morning and ask a nurse to check on it.  

I think basically I got myself all psyched up to get thru the surgery and then it would all be over and I'd put my feet up and stop worrying about it... hard for a lifelong worrier to do!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.