Day 7 of 75mg Sertaline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help please. Today is day 7 of 75 mgs and I am so anxious and feel really strange.. intrusI've thoughts, shaking, getting hot flushes. I was on 50 before and have been since July so not new to this drug. I was just thinking last night that I had no side effects moving to the 75. Is this normal as I feel so bad and just need someone to tell me I'm ok.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jay. I don't have personal experience with this particular medication, but I know a little bit about it from friends that take it. The increase dosage may be to blame for what you're feeling. It sounds to me like you're okay, just a little wired up. My recommendation is that you drop the dosage back down to what you were at beforehand and go back to your doctor. With these medications it's really a process of finding just the right forumla and dosage. Everyone is different and the body can react to the chemicals differently over time. But thankfully doctors are pretty good at finding the right fit through some trial and error. The important thing, Jay, is that you'll be OK. Just try to relax and make sure you see your doctor as soon as you can. Feel better my friend. 

• Posted

Thanks so much Nick your reply is really appreciated. I have been feeling ok on the 50 mgs but not quiet there so thus is why my doc increased the doze. What I don't get is why after a week I start to feel this way? Surely I would have had side effects before now.

Anyway I am seeing my doc later this morning so hopefully she can guide me. I don't want to switch meds as I don't think I can go through all those nasty side effects at the start.

Thanks sweetie for replying x x

• Posted

I'm glad that you'll be seeing your doctor later this morning. It can be scary, but I'm sure she'll know what's wrong. I am actually up all night because of anxiety and this silly paper I'm working on for a class later today. Oh, and my eye has been hurting the last few days. But yeah....I have a 13+ hour day ahead of me with no sleep! Haha...so maybe it comforts you to know that we all go through bad days. But it always works out in the end. Every single time I thought that something would never end, guess what happened? It ended! :-) So try to take it easy, friend. Much love to you. 

• Posted

Yes some of what you mention can be contrindiations, I understand you see your GP today, it may be He will ask you to be understanding of contrindications and give the drug a further three weeks to work

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Thanks Bob. GP has advised I take 50mgs at night and the other 25 in the morning. My blood pressure is also on the low side which could be contributing to me feeling so poor today. I am just feeling over anxious and now light headed.

Drinking camomile tea and eating some fruit.. trying to stay strong... hate this so much. I want to get angry and just tell it to buzz off!!!

• Posted

Hey Jay. I took the same medicine I was at 50mg. At the beginning my anxiety was super then throughout it it was aright. I took it for 6month then I quit cold turkey. That was a bad choice my anxiety was super high bad thoughts not to mention those brain zaps. Thank God it went away expect for the brain zaps I still have them once in a while. Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.