Day 7 on Citalopram back at work feeling absolutely horrendous

Posted , 4 users are following.

day 7 and i feel horrific , very dazed and an out of body feeling scared to death , really really want to just go home and get back in bed

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Please believe me when I say it will pass....it's terrible but it does eventually settle. The more anxious and scared you become the more your mind and body feeds off of it and makes it last longer and longer. Have you tried deep breathing/mindfulness?! It helped me get out of a rut of allowing the anxiety to swallow me whole. Please, contact your GP and ask for a mild sedative, it will take the edge off a little.

I know this is all just words and when I was where you were I didn't believe anything would get me out of that deep dark whole. It took time but the meds worked eventually. Though you do need to do things to try and aid your recovery or it will overwhelm you. I read books on anxiety, listened to audio books, walks, mindfulness, diazepam it all helped to take the edge off through out the day. You'll get there 😉

• Posted

have you ask your doctor for a benzo?

• Posted

yes lois , just got back now doc finally come round to my way of thinking and gave me some thankfully

• Posted

oh how Devine.it will definitely make it so much easier for you.

• Posted

everyone on here seems to recommend them so hopefully that will help me a lot

• Posted

i do hope so , very strange thing this anxiety ive got to say , the first time i had a spout of it i was really confused i honestly didnt know what was up with me especially with the physical side effects to go with it

• Posted

same with me my physical anxiety symptoms where out of this world.but with the help of a benzo to help my celexa i can now happily say IAM recover.ps and i didn't get addicted to the benzo and took them for one year.thank goodness.you will recover with comfort now.

• Posted

i consider my anxiety to be a heath anxiety so fear of death etc, so any physical symptom like a slight dizzy spell or headaches , strange head sensations have all made me 100 times worse then i fear the symptoms , i just cant win lol , youve done really well lois

• Posted

i also suffer from health anxiety plus hypochondriac.you are not alone.lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.