Day 8 on citolpram

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi could some one please help me or give me some advice? I have been on 10mg citolpram for 8 days now I have suffered with anxiety for 4 years and always had it under control I know my triggers. but recently I have started getting these head pressure feelings in my head and making me want to just give up and end my life I don't want to kill myself cause I don't want to die and have a 1 year old daughter that needs me. my doctor said its depression but I don't know cause for the last week I have had the pressure in my head thanks liam

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liam,were you getting the head pressure before you started taking the meds? Just that Iwas getting the same symptom & Citalopam eased it off a bit.

• Posted

Hi Mike

Yes I was getting the same head pressure feeling before I started taking citolpram but seems to be getting worse like I Carnt cope with it.

• Posted

I Would deffiantly give it another month liam, it could be that the cit is starting to work its magic on your problem, as like a lot of things in life, sometimes it gets worse before it gets better, i myself have 3 daughters, so its worth battling through it, as kids give you something to fight for , good luck, but remember, theres alleays people on here, whos been through it themselves & will help you through it.

• Posted

HI I also am haveing temple pains and head pressure, I am week 5 now on 15mg, from yesterday, I am haveing bad anxiety and internal treamberling since April this year, still getting it but I am going to carry on with the pill , it will be the second time on it for me,,

• Posted

hopefully will be the meds working as I hate the feeling I feel like I'm going crazy and have no control

• Posted

Hi Liam

I too have been getting that feeling lately, it's horrible and scary. I'm hoping it will pass.

• Posted

How long have you been taking the meds linda? I'm only on day 9 now I take my tablet between 9:30 and 10am every day I'm only on 10mg as I don't want to be on a high dose

• Posted

Hi Liam

I was on 10mg for several years but came off old turkey. Big mistake. I went back on 5, then 10, now 7.5. I cannot seem to stabilise. 10 was too much for me the second time round so I've been on 7.5 for 4-5 weeks. I used to take mine in the morning first time round but even that didn't seem to agree with me the second time so now I take it at 3pm. However I am going to start taking it an hour earlier to see how that works. Also by cutting the tablet not 100% sure I'm taking the correct dose each day. Nightmare, but I think I need them. You are on early days yet so you are still getting side effects. The first tine round worked great for me, made the mistake of thinking I didn't need them anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.