Day 8 on Fluoxetine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I’m on day 8, and my symptoms are

- Diarrhea 

- Feeling like my eyes are heavy or tired just like I’m out of it. Or kinda dizzy.

- International shakiness 

- Feeling like a zombie

- Waking up with anxiety 

- Feeling warm sometimes 

- Feeling my heart beating 

Are these normal??

I feel like during the day my anxiety gets a little better but I also feel maybe more depressed now? Just want to see I’ve this is all normal. How long did it take you to feel better again??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, these symptoms are all normal. They lasted about 13 weeks for me and in the meantime, I took Klonopin for the AM anxiety, Phenergan for nausea, and Propanol for the heart racing. I promise it does get better. 
  • Posted

Sure, I am on 60mg but I started at 10mg in December. I had side effects each time I increased the dose, so at the beginning I was increasing by 5mg per week, but then said “If I’m going to have these side effects regardless, I might as well increase my dose faster rather than stringing it out.” I stopped at 40mg for a few weeks and thought that would be my maintenance dose, but I still felt so anxious. It was a hard decision because I didn’t know if the anxiety was a side effect of getting used to the Prozac or if it was actual anxiety. I took a chance and increased to 60 and I feel “normal” again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.