Day 8 post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone can't believe how well it's going! Ive had no nausea or 'looseness' I've managed two 4 mile walks and sleeping well on both sides! Clips due out Monday. Am chomping at the bit to get back to work now.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Free Stork! You lucky divil!  Good luck!  Hope things continue to go well for you!  Val.
  • Posted

Delighted to hear this free stork. Hope things continue to improve for you. Take things easy as you have had major surgery. Keep us posted. Take care x
    • Posted

Thanks all and will do. For as much as am tempted to return to work next week I no I shouldn't as its too much too soon but it's tempting though. I'm mostly sat at a desk.
    • Posted

Free stork my advise to you is to take as much time off as you can. It's early days yet and you need to be in the whole of your health returning to work. Take care x
  • Posted

Hi there that's great news for you. I am day 9 post op and also feel great. Nausea completely gone and apart from a bit of soreness where incisions are and swelling I am eating virtually what I want. Hope I haven't spoken too soon. I still get a slight a he middle if back but I really think this us muscle spasm from holding myself differently from the op. I think you're amazing walking 4miles I certainly couldn't manage 1 at the moment. But don't overdo it. Our bodies have been through alot and it's still early days. I too cannot wIt to get back to work as I love my job but I kniw I just wouldn't be physically able to yet. Good luck and hope you continue back to full health x
  • Posted

You are doing really well. I am on day 10 and have a bit of looseness which is more of a nuisance than anything else.

My stitches dissolve so no clips to come out. Still have one dressing which can come off on Monday.

These last couple of days I've had a bit of pain down right side where it used to be with gallstones.

Not sure if I have IBS will sort out with my GP when she returns from holiday next week.

Still feel a lot etter than before, I would far rather be like this.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Glad to hear it. I'm the same as you. On day 13 and still doing great. Been out and about with errands the past few days and did some house organizing yesterday. All my incisions are looking good. Just one set of steristrips left to fall off. Been getting some mild muscle cramps on the left side from favouring those over my right ones but once i stop moving it goes away in a minute or two

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.