& tiredness seemed to be the only ones

I was suffering from

These last couple of days though I've been

Waking early and the anxiety levels seems higher

From when I wake up

I may be adding to the anxiety in thinking

That im not getting enough sleep and dreading the day at work because of this

I find it increasingly hard and unthinkable

To go to work is this just because I feel this way . I feel good and okish some days

And others not so good , the bad days

Are outnumbering the good

I know it's early doors but please

Someone tell me this anxiety thoughts /

Feeling will at least subside .

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi daz

Yes id say thats all pretty normal from my experience but it will get better in time, the good days will start to outnumber the bad.

The waking up early is normal and I was very much the same, starting to get anxious aa soon as I woke up about the day ahead. In me it manifested itself as nausea, I woke up worried that id feel sick again and likely caused it but no matter how I tried its a vicious circle I couldn't break for a long time. Even now I think my increase in dose is making m me wake early sometimes 4am but im not anxious about it now so can usually get back to sleep (prob only get 6hrs tho). I resort to sleep aid for a couple of nights now n again just to reset the pattern.

If youve started having good days then sounds like the flu has started working. You have to kinda accept the bad days, let them happen n enjoy the good days when they come. You'll get through it and yes IT WILL GET BETTER!

Take care

Vix

• Posted

Hi vix thanks again for another reply

This place really has helped as others have / may have been in a similar scenario

I feel as if the depression side has lifted like the cloud hanging over me it shifts from side to side therefore relief is noticeable

Although there are other days the anxiety seems persistent / thoughts wise dreading days etc it's up and down like a yoyo

I've travelled this path before but when it's bad it's bad if you know what I mean

Thanks daz

• Posted

hello Daz, yes you are in the wars at the moment so to speak, but please rest assured things will get better, it just takes time. as a general rule it will be 8 to 12 weeks before the Fluoxetine is working at its best, but of course we are all different so you maybe lucky and benefit sooner! patience is a virtue at this time Daz, easy for me to say but I've been there quite recently myself. the cloud will shift around then gradually blow away, the odd "bad" day when you seem to go back to square one, but they become further apart as time goes by, so these are the keys in my opinion, time, patience, understanding family and friends, the will to get better, distractions like music, puzzles, a walk in the fresh air, exercise, but that does'nt mean that you can't have relaxing "you days" under the duvet if needed! hang on in there, you can and will get there, best wishes on your recovery journey...... cheesygrin
    • Posted

Hi David thanks for your input

It does indeed seem I am at war

I honestly think I am by the worst

Of the side effects albeit minor

The main one now being insomnia

Or waking early cause I can get to sleep no problem . My mood has definitely improved I feel now that if

The anxiety side of things improve I would be in a better place

I know it's a long road as I've been here before .

Thanks again daz

• Posted

Daz

As others are replying to you - stick with this - im just starting to pick up.... can feel now that i am getting a little stronger and more able each day. Im sure there will be days where i will eat those words, but so far....

Keep positive!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.