Day after panic attack

Posted , 2 users are following.

How you do you feel the day after a panic attack after leaving the ER?

I'm still tired, rather drained I have a mild migraine that I get Everytime my cycle is over.

I was prescribed 5 mg Valium twice a day for 7 days

And sertaline 50mg once a day for two months

My issues are anxiety, dizziness, rapid heart rate

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How fast was your heart rate Jen? You've been through an ordeal your bound to be really tired just try and relax listen to some meditation have a nice bath and look after yourself! Just be aware that AD can take a couple of months to start to work so please give them time they can sometimes make you feel a littler worse for a bit, for me it was sweaty hands and feet and nausea but that has subsided now I've been on AD 5 weeks now, try not to take the Valium if you don't need it as it can get addictive I have the occasional tablet but only if I'm really bad. You'll get there just breathe and take time out for yourself. The reason I asked about heart rate is mine was very fast last week and couldn't believe it was a panic attack but it was there awful to go through, be kind to yourself don't do too much x
    • Posted

It jumped up to 170 at the doctors office they didn't give me any heart medicine or anything. I was told the Valium also helps with vertigo
    • Posted

Yes I think they only intervene if it goes higher than 180. Mine was 140 it come out of the blue i had only picked up my daughter! Yes Valium is a relaxant you may feel tired when you take them especially if you haven't had much to eat, just try not to take them if you don't need them smile I have Valium but take one every few weeks if need be, it's ok to take them for a couple of weeks like you are but they are addictive and the withdrawal might be worse the longer you rely on them, I'm sure once the AD kick in you'll be fine don't worry if you have to take your Valium they do help a hell of a lot x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.