Day six

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi everyone , day six today. Had a bad tummy ache all night , went to the loo this morning and I think I need to find out from nurse tomorrow how to stop the loose poo. 

So stitches out tomorrow ... I have had the wounds covered but I expect I will be told to leave them off after stitches come out , sounds daft but it worries me. 

Plus I havnt been able to wear a bra since the op as I wear wired ones and it presses on the wound just below my breasts and I noticed last night I have an awful big sore patch under my breast ... Skin on skin  so sore so having to treat that now. 

Still I feel better than I did before the op so that's a great thing just need to sort tummy now. Xxxxx

1 like, 36 replies

Report / Delete

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gilly

am new to this forum .  I am 7  days post op . Feeling worn out and have developed a gnawing ache in my stomach ( same place as before the op and a pain in the back between my shoulder blades kept me awaken most of the night with the worry the gallstone pain had returned !  Also the wound at the top of my tummy has become hard to touch .  Is this your experience?

no loose stools in fact the opposite .  Eating low fat food and little and often but feeling very disappointed that this gnawing pain has returned .  Even started up the lanzoprazole to see if this helps .

i was initially admitted to hospital in December for a week with an infected gall bladder and had IV antibiotics to reduce the inflammation.  However, gall bladder full of stones and a stone blocked the bile duct which made me jaundiced and very poorly .  Had the dreaded ERCP ( tube/camera down throat ) in January and was told the stone had shifted by itself 

Am terrified there is a stone left behind and the problems will start all over again.  any advice / reassurance would be grateful . Am eating little and often , low fat but feel nauseas all the time. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Rachel sorry to hear your feeling unwell after the operation. This is totally normal. Nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/constipation are all common for a number of weeks after gallbladder removal. Ask your doctor for zofran if the nausea is unbearable. Your body is going through a major adjustment period. It will take time to adjust. The first few weeks can be tough but you will get better. Stick to the low fat for now until your body has adjusted. Take care. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply .  I will make a note of the zofran that you mention. 

Just throwing the questions out there and getting a reply is reassuring so thanks again for your kind response.  Am impatient to be well again ! 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No problem Rachel. I think we all had this op thinking we would be great straight away but it takes time for your body to adjust to the changes. For some this happens fairly quickly and for others it can take a bit longer. Your only 7 days post op so it's very early days yet. You won't know yourself in a few weeks time. Take care. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Just make sure you do not take zofran if you are pregnant! It can cause birth defects. I don't know your age, but I thought I would mention that  one fact. Zofran is wonderful for nausea. Keep us lall posted!!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Rachel, yes I have pain that moves all over , and where gallbladder was. My belly button area is very sore and the pain feels 'deep' if you know what I mean but it's to be expected as your not handled gently. After my hysterectomy I felt I had been hit by a bus for months!! I haven't felt sick at all just bad tummy .... I'm not sure but I read that in your follow up appointment with the surgeon he will tell you if you need anything else doing that he found ie stones in duct or damage to bowel or pancreas. Though I saw my surgeon as he passed to go  and he said all went well so I'm hoping it did. I have a bruise in my belly just under the cut its going now but was huge so that must of took a beating lol. Glad you haven't got diarrea but you must go to the loo as you can't strain. Xxxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Am 43 . Had a hysterectomy so am safe to take the anti sickness meds. Back to the old hot water bottle and Tramadol . Patience has never been a strong point of mine ! Many thanks for your reply .
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Had hysterectomy too ! Yes felt like run over by a truck ! Am resorting to he old hot water bottle and tramadol which is disappointing . I will discuss at my follow up the chance of a rogue stone left behind . Probably just paranoid . My bowel habits are very sluggish and am taking softeners but there is little urge to go ! A bout of diorrhea would be welcome ! As with us all have been so poorly these last few months - I just want to feel better . Thank you for your kind reply
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Whaaaaaat !!!!! You can have my  S**Ts  ..... Lol  not much fun   Was at docs to get stitches out and belly started gurgling I was S******G myself in case I did it lol xxxxxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am six weeks out tomorrow and still have pain (I think it is gas) which moves all over.  Some days are worse than others.  My GP has done a blood test; no result yet.  She has suggested I might need an ultra sound, but also told me it can take a while to get over this. Keep us posted. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi everyone what do you replace coffe and tea with ? I was a great lover of coffee but am not supposed to drink it now I'm ok with water and some flavoured teas but I cry out for a hot drink some days and miss my coffee so bad. is decaf coffe ok foe the body after gallbladdere removal ? Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Gillypoo I drink peppermint chamomile and ginger tea. Ginger is good for the sick tummy. You could try the decaf coffee and see how you get on. How's the diarrhea today? Hope your feeling a bit better. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you , i do have camomile and honey tea lemon and ginger tea and lemon tea  and green tea with lemon in the cupboard just long for the coffee!!! Just read no decaf coffee either 😣 honestly it's so hard isn't it. Tummy has been painfull all night after being so careful yesterday I'm just up and not had to go yet so watch this space lol !!!  How are you ? 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's terrible. My friend had hers removed 10 years ago and can drink coffee No problem at all. It's only for a short time while your body adjusts to the changes. I'm ok just can't stick this nausea. It's driving me insane. Thankfully it's nearly 3 weeks since I vomited so hopefully that part of it is behind me now. Still on low fat diet until this nausea passes. Although I had ice cream the other day and had to hit the toilet. My bowel doesn't feel good though. I have a feeling the bile is irritating it. I just wish I was better. I had none of these symptoms prior to op only the pain from the stone. It's just been bad luck on my behalf. What can I do but hope I recover. Everyone is telling me I will but it's hard to see that when you feel so bad. Hope you feel better soon. That stomach ache isn't nice at all. But it will go and you'll feel a lot better soon. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's strange as I don't feel sick at all. My bowel feels weird and I have tons of wind but the pains move around my body ... Today it's where my gallbladder was!! Makes you think it's there again. Sounds like you may be over the sickness part fingers crossed each day is a new experience isn't it just want to eat healthy and be well. Does any of it badly effect your daily life now ? Did you have diarrea all day or part days ? Mines mornings. Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had the diarrhea in the mornings too. It's called bile dumping. The bile pools in your system overnight and then you dump it! Yes this has had a very negative impact on my daily life as everything revolves around food and I have the nausea the whole time and am exhausted from it. I think I'm just one of the unlucky ones. Most people recover within 12 weeks. I wouldn't mind if I was sick beforehand but I just had the pain from the stone. Most people recover and can eat a normal diet. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Sweetheart!  Sorry i haven't been in touch, but my computer has been playing up!   How have you been?  have you still got the nosea and the dreaded d?   Are you coping any better, and not crying as much?   Thinking and worrying about you.   Love and lots of big hugs!  Val.  xxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Val thanks for your concern. I had a good day yesterday. Felt almost normal. Got psyllium husk with digestive enzymes and it's helping the diarrhea. Having a bad day today. Just Went to our local shopping centre and felt awful sick with the nausea. Feel like I'm going to vomit. Started to cry in the middle of the shopping centre! On the way home now. Jesus is this ever going to end for me. Hope your doing ok too? Love and hugs xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Phil. Was the worst day of nausea I had in a while. Thought I was going to vomit all day. It's only eased off in the past hour. Hope your feeling better? X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am knocking on wood ace, but a good day today.  Glad yours has eased off. One thing about this recovery is that good and bad days are often comingled.  Feel better. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up