day ten of 40mgs fluoxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

day ten almost over and sadly not quite as good as the past two days, today spent with a fuzzy head, spaced out feeling all day, have to question if indeed it's the Flux causing it or if it's down to something else. I have had an inner ear thing in the past Labyrnthitis I think is the spelling, but also today I went into a "dark thought" process which is'nt where I want to be at all. went for a drive in the old van for an hour or so which helped me refocus and currently my mind is calm, mood is ok, and tiredness is almost upon me...... what a life huh..

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

Probably some of it is due to the meds.  I've had labyrinthitis too and it's not pleasant - I had a weird feeling like it some days ago, as if I was drunk all day (not a drop touched either).  It had gone by the next day.  Weird.

My son took his increased dose today, so am wondering what's in store for him over the next few weeks.  Am worried about it.

Indeed, what a life!

• Posted

Yes what a life! But we only get one so anything that helps us get better is worth a go I guess. Hope you got a good nights sleep. Its seems fresh air n  exercise really is the best mood improver so an hour getting out was def the right thing to do. Blow those dark thoughts away.

Think ive hit a plateau bit like you described, physically much better but getting butterflies most of day (I assume thats anxiety it it?) And an underlying blueness or sadness for which I cant find any reason. Frustrating and confusing  the whole illness n recovery, never sure whats part of it n whats not. Where to go from here?

Has the doc checked you for the ear thing? I guess he has by now. Could be all down to anxiety like rachel says.

Hope today is better for you.

Ttfn

Vix

• Posted

I wish you well  david, rachel , vix, and katecogs.........It has been a very difficult road indeed.   I have been having more darkdays and fuzziness and anxiety to the point of dread.....I cant seem to get past 15mg, even though i was on 40 mg before my Brain Injury.   I think of you all many times......
    • Posted

Nice to hear from you  crayola. Hope you managed to enjoy christmas and new year? I had a nice fairly quiet time, even managed to go to a ny eve party surprisingly.

Its difficult enough going thru this without the added complication of your bi so can only imagine what youre going through. The dark days are horrid,  I try to occupy my time as much as possible.

What does dr say about your progress? 

Vix

• Posted

oh vix, the dark days are horrid......my pschy.  wants me to stay on flu .  because i have tried so many others, and nothing has worked,,,but then again, I am not hte normal population anymore, if that makes sense ,,,,I am still wondering about going back to lexapro.......am so glad you were abble to have a fairly nice christmas.  david, i know exercise helps me, and outdoors exercise especially, , because of my balance issues, and visual issue it is a challange, but I know i felt better when I could get out , i dont tolerate cold well at all.  My wish is that allof you can reach a palce  with the Flu that i was able to reach with my flu  before my brain iinjury!!  It truly was a journey but once I got there the stability of it was remarkable and life was beautiful, even with its messiness.   That is my New years wish for all of you!!!  xxoo
    • Posted

hello Crayola, so nice to hear from you again! that is a shame that you can't take more than 15mgs, I was on 20 which did'nt quite get me over the first hurdle but since upping to 40mgs I seem to have turned a corner. Has your doctor perhaps got an alternative for you to try? Something to help you through these dark days and anxiety? I can't begin to imagine your suffering Crayola with the B injury further complicating matters sad please do keep in touch if you can, it's lovely to have a wee chat now n then, take care...... smile
    • Posted

hi david, thank you for the message!  I relaly like my docotr but I feel like he doesnt knwo what else to try ,,,,,i am so med sensitive,,,i  crohns disease and hemochromatsosis  also  along with the B Injury,,,,,the B injury and the depression and anxiety for me, have been the most debilitation, it was easier to deal with the other two without hte BI ,,,,  the instability is so difficult to take,  I am going to try to psuh up to 20 mg  now that the holdays are over, but somehow , I dont like doing this in case i need to change , but I geuss i need to try a so called theraputic level.....I do understand your upset with the weight gain,,,,I gained 25 pounds while on prozac before , long term and thats when I would run every other day and i am only 5 foot 1,,,,,it is a shame we all have to balance so many things when depression and anxiety is such a debiliationg disease,,,,I am so touched by the kindness of all of you who acknowlegde my BI,,,,,I have foudn not so much support with others who dont have a BI abd depression,,,,,,I feel so unbelievably gratefull each and every one of your kind words!!!   It makes like a little less lonely!! 
    • Posted

oh my goodness I do'nt know what to say Crayola, except you will never be lonely while ever you message on here because I can assure you I will always reply. Lonliness is a terrible thing I know because I too am surrounded by it, sometimes that is good other times I crave human company just for a chat! Today I drove half an hour to a local beach and spent almost 2 hours walking, did'nt meet a living soul, just me and mother nature. This website helps keep me sane, there are some lovely people on here who always reply and give an opinion if I ask a question, without them I'd be screwed. It's funny but I used to jokingly say that I was daft because I'd been dropped on my head at birth! And now reality is here in the form of you with your B injury sad  the anxiety and depression that causes I can but imagine, I can say that I will always be a friend at the other end of a keypad when you're feeling blue, so until the next time, please take care, and a little smile too smile
    • Posted

I think of everyone here too. My thoughts are the same as vix - it's hard enough coping with the meds and depression let alone copying as you are with a BI.  My dark days were indeed dark, scary and the most awful thing, and I know keeping busy helped.

Yes people on here are very helpful, and are always here to chat.

Thinking of you crayola x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.