Day three

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone , well day three and I'm so well. My wounds are clean and immaculate , no redness no leakage.  

Gas pain minimal and I've been eating sensibly chicken fish veggies etc I have my colour back instead of looking pale and feel better than I have in so long. Havnt had any toilet issues at all my wee has gone back to being pale instead it khaki green and while I haven't been for a poop yet I feel I will need to go soon but don't want to strain myself trying. 

Xxxxxxx

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Gill,

Was wondering today how you have been getting on. Glad to hear you have no problems. We all worry about the other after an op but usually are fine when we go. Nice to read a post with good messages for once and is more encouraging for me to think about going ahead with it.

• Posted

Great news gillypoo. Glad all is going well for you. It's good to hear positive stories. Stick to the bland low fat for now and you will be fine. I didn't hit the loo for 4 days after my op either. Did you have stones and was you gallbladder inflamed? Take care and get plenty of rest. Are you home now? X
    • Posted

I had gravel for 30 years but managed ok then end of last year got pain and had scan they found two large stones. When I saw surgeon after my op on Thursday he said all was ok now but I had had a realy inflamed gallbladder ! So I was lucky. X
    • Posted

30 years! Oh my! Glad your doing ok and op went well. Take it easy and you will recover quickly. Keep us posted. X
    • Posted

Its Val!   so good to hear of someone who isn't having any problems!   Hope things continue to go well for you.  keep us updated.   Hugs.  Val.
  • Posted

Glad to here everything is going okay for you. Just take it easy and you'll soon be completely back to normal x

• Posted

Hi Gilly

so glad your doing so well after op.I am still waiting to see surgeon 27th April to see if they will remove mine.went back to work and things weren't too bad I even thought i had the pain under control then woke up friday morning in agony,forced myself to work but had pain all day,still in pain now and not sure how I will cope tomorrow.I almost thought I might not need the op but now I can't wait to have it done.my husband has been on line and say's may be I shouldn't have the op because of all things that can go wrong but i said if he knew how bad the pain can be he would probably take the chance.good to hear your views as you have had the op,nice to know things from both sides good all bad

hope you keep getting better

keep in touch

kind regards

Pat

• Posted

I was terrified reading all the bad ones pat , but you just don't know do you it's the chance you take and that pain is so bad I think you would just do it and see. I know it's only three days but I do feel so well. IF something does go wrong well I will have to sort it but I've never felt so well in ages. Take the chance Pat you can't carry on like you are , it made my life a misery , people were sick of me always being in pain and having time off etc I cried daily with pain , couldn't twist or turn in bed get in and out of bed , and my work involves lifting etc just couldn't cope. To be brutally honest I just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. I was terrified of the op and what could go wrong but also thought oh well if I die at least I won't be in pain ..... Sorry for that but that's how it got me. I want to live my life now healthier and pain free , I've been through the mill in the las 6 years. I'm going to enjoy what's left xxxxxxxxxx good luck for the 27 th xxxxx
    • Posted

i have some question to ask you So you will have to see surgeon first and then schedule for the surgery ? i am living in CA 
    • Posted

Hi fung yes here in UK you see your doctor with your symptoms then he  will refer you to a surgeon, then you visit him and he schedules you for an operation x
    • Posted

hi Fung

yes like Gilly said here in the uk you see your own doctor first who sends you for the ultra sound then if it comes back that you have gallstones he sends you to see a surgeon and then if the surgeon feels you would be better off having your gallbladder remove he will book you in for the op.its very much a waiting game and you don't know how long you have to wait it can vary from hospital to hospital,good luck

best wish

Pat

• Posted

Hi Gilly

thanks for your reply,I am in pain most of the time,morning being the worsed but my doctor never  offered to sign me off work,which I am finding hard to do as i work in a nursing home (60 people) in the laundry which can be very heavy lifting.they're not very happy as I have booked a day off to see the surgeon as it's not my local hospital where I have the appointment for.i took the one that could see me the earlest.do hope the surgeon agrees to take it out as you know its a pain that is unbeliveable unless you know what its like.I have to strap a heat pad to my side and back to help copy with the pain and as I am already on pain patches for my back they will only give me a low pain tablet which does nothing for the pain.i know how you feel about going to bed and not wanting to wake up.I dread the mornings as I know as soon as I get up the pain will start and I will be doubled over with pain,so on goes the heat pad ,I have got burn marks on my stomache as i have it that hot,please keep letting us know how you get on.I hope you continue to get better with none of the after effects some people have had on this site after their op

best wishes

pat

• Posted

Hi Patricia , I know exactly how you are at work , people don't see your pain ''you look healthy enough so what's wrong with you ''  is usually the response. 

They don't understand that with the gallbladder pain you can have bad days yet suddenly have a good day as I did and tried to run around making up for what I hadn't been able to do. WRONG. You only make yourself worse. 

I had such an inflamed gallbladder that I had to have the whole of January off , I was so pale it was obvious I was ill but I still had people say I didn't look ill. 

Do you get sick pay ? If so use it but really I would talk to your employers with some sort of print out from a gallbladder information sheet to show them what is happening to your body. If that doesn't work then a doctors certificate ? They can't ignore that. I'm day five today, been to the loo again and all ok , yesterday I didn't feel myself at all but nothing severe honestly , just dull achy pain at my wounds getting me down , but I slept well last night and missed a dose of meds so that's good. Please don't feel so down and be careful with hot pads , I used to have a covered hot water bottle on me. Before my op I had a very strong pain killer from my doctor as well which took the edge off of the pain. I. In the UK where are you from ? I'm sorry if you told me this once I've forgotten xxxxx stay strong. 

• Posted

Excellent news so pleased....

know exactly how you feel ..

• Posted

Yes year on feel great... 

But you will notice changes in your digestion ..as your liver has to produce bile without storing it. 

I can eat anything but if I eat too much fat my liver aches ...

i have read up we are prone to fatty livers after removal..

now on low fat diet no ache ..

i also need t o eat all bran daily ..to keep regular..

i have no acid reflux , gastritus anymore these were a curse I am glad to see the back of.. I can eat fruit, curries, pickles , no acid problems ..

but for you be prepared to feel washed out for 3 months after op until you heal inside then you will get energy back and be feeling good ...

• Posted

Hi Sally that's good to hear, I have been overweight all my life but I don't drink , smoke or eat loads of fatty foods , I'm more sweets choc etc but I do love my husbands chicken curries he makes from scratch and uses loads of spices , funny enough they never bothered me , I found I only got acid if I bent a lot at work. 

I admit to loving when I could get it pork crackling but never had it often. 

So I do think I can benifit from a low fat diet, and as I have constipation usually I do eat a hi fibre cereal anyway. So here's hoping. Glad your doing ok does your liver ache like your gallbladder did ?

• Posted

Hi 

no the ache is slight a murmur ...but it's I guess a warning ..

i can eat the occasional high fat meal and no ache but if I make a habit of it ... Rest and recover and enjoy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.