Day two

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi folks

I stopped taking 20mg citalapram last Thursday, started 15mg of mirt. on Friday night suppose to help with my depression. I know it is early days but any little thing is making me so angry, aggressive and lots of crying, my heart is pounding all the time in my chest and head. I am sleeping not too bad still wake several times during the night, feel dizzy on standing up slightly off balance are these all side effects and will they subside. thanks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could well be coming of the citalopram that quick. I had to ween of citalopram slowly.at the same time 4 days of mirt 15 mg which knocked me outg than 30 mgs. Felt a lot better in myself. Having a bit of a relapse now after 8 weeks but at least i try to fight through it and seek help in meditation and and want to do cbt course soon.hope this will open a new chapter. I have heard and read a lot of good things about it. hope you can do so too. Be strong and dont give up . I still feel horrible and very emotional but finally see that i am gonna have to get out of this episode myself. Something i didnt months ago.

good luck Tina

• Posted

Hi Tina,

Yep sounds all familiar. I had all those things. They'll subside after a few days to a week and then the goodness kicks in!!

Nick

• Posted

Thanks to both of you I am just getting so fed up of feeling like this i try so hard and feel as if I'm not getting nowhere. Seeing my cpn tomorrow morning and bereavement coucillor Tuesday but I'm at work tomorrow too public facing so they better look out..lol. going out for a walk see if that helps. Haven't had the sweet cravings yet either but i suppose I've got that to come too.

Cheers

Tina

• Posted

Hi Tina

I was taking both Citalopram and 15 mg Mirt' at the same time for about a 6 weeks or so.  I weaned off Citalopram v-e-r-y slowly, over that period and when I finally stopped Citalopram - about a week after I had a real wobbly day but then felt better.

I remained on 15mg Mirt' - helped sleep immediately and so eased my anxiety and therefore my depression.  Still on it.  You may well have some symptoms going ON the Mirt' and coming OFF the Citalopram and not be able to know which is which I guess ... I would recommend you not to jump up to 30 mg Mirt' for a few weeks; many people on here have advised this as too much too soon seems to make youu more anxious.

Hope this helps, I know everyone is different.  I too would highly recommend CBT, Mindfulness and Meditation, Meditation can fit in any time anywhere for any amount of time, even if only for 10 minutes - it really does strengthen the mind.  Think we all need a dose of this.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.