De ja vu

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm so scared I feel like everytime I go to doze off to fall asleep I go into de ja vu I've been terrified I have a brain tumor or are having seizure please help me !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

do you watch TV or any games you like to play on your phone or tablet? When I have nights like that, I use things like that to take my mind off ot
  • Posted

Jake, when you are in an anxious state anything that you experience which under normal circumstances you rationalise becomes an irrational thought, when you are about to doze off you are in a semi hypnotic state which is part of the sleep process just like REM is, so you can experience all sorts like the sudden jerk waking up like you've just tripped or fallen over.

So your de ja vu is likely to be just something you experience as part of sleep however your anxiety is putting two and two together and coming up with five and your telling yourself that something which is normal is something else which feeds your anxiety.

You haven't a brain Timor or having a seizure your experiencing normal things but reacting to them in an abnormal way which is with anxious irrational thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.