Dead space in syringe when tapering

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear all, I have been tapering using a syringe and liquid mirt. It's only now that I realise there is dead space in the syringe (ie in the nozzle) and when I squirt mirt into my mouth  there is in fact some left in nozzle.So my cuts have been .04ml bigger than i thought as i have been discarding dead amount when rinsing .Has this ever occurred to anyone else?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

YES, it happens to me.  I always draw up the syringe and then disgard back into the bottle the first time, and then draw up into the syringe again (trying to get too much) then I flick the syringe to disperse any bubbles and slowly drip the excess back into the bottle.  Sometimes the line may not be straight on the black rubber seal, its trial and error I feel ~ but yes, I know what you mean.

What dose are you at now?  I just wanted to know how you are finding "gauging" the measurements, now I'm down to the 0.14 ml (equivalent to 2.1 mg) its difficult to know I am getting the same dose ~ but to be honest, I havn't noticed any different, so alls' good /11  Yayyyy (touch wood).

• Posted

Hi "my cloud" is right of course.It's just me overthinking things as usual- i saw a counsellor for that as well !!! Anyway ignore my last post.2 weeks ago i did a 4% cut to 0.76ml or 11.4mg.This cut has been good if thats possible ie i only had 2 days of feeling crap and the other days have been good.I was due to cut again on monday but I have an appt later in week so i'll postpone it for 4 days before next one as withdrawal this cut kicked in after 4 days.I still dread the mornings -i feel like a dead man till late morning.Getting fatter by the day -i hate it.I seem to be forever buying more clothes from Charity shops to fit my ever increasing frame.Thing is everyone says how well i look !!!!!! Once i'm off the meds i keep reminding myself that the weight will come off and is only temporary.

• Posted

When you draw in the mirt. there inevitably will be a tiny  bubble in the syringe. I fill the syringe then hold the syringe vertically so the nozzle is uppermost and then flick it till the bubble reaches the nozzle end when you can discard it. Out of interest  I found if I left the syringe open to sunlight during the day,  the tiny bit of mirt left in the nozzle end goes yellowish (must be degrading) so now I keep syringe in the dark. I feel confident now that I am getting the same dose each time (am now down to 0.15ml after a blip of dropping more than 10% and had to go back up to 0.25ml to stabilise) Still can't get my head around how little a change and such a little dose has profound effects on sensitive me! when others appear to cope going from much higher doses to zero with no effects 

• Posted

Forgot to say that when a syringe is calibrated it allows for the dead space at the nozzle end when the plunger is pushed home so unless you had a bubble then my guess is that you were taking the dose you expected
    • Posted

I think you're right ! Just me overthinking things as usual.

• Posted

When using a syringe add some air at the end to ensure u get the full dose. Its not like its going into ur veins. When i took my pain shots in my bum i did that not to waiste or not get the full dose. When i was in training 2 b a nurse they do that as well for IV meds but stop wen they hear then end and see its about to be air, but usually its shot into the line of the IV so liquid pops right in n no problems hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.