DEATH BE ON MY MIND

Posted , 7 users are following.

I KNOW IT'S ANXIETY BUT WHY DO I THINK ABOUT DEATH ALL THE TIME PLEASE HELP

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Two natural things in life, we are born and we die - that's life.

To have a fear of dying

Has anything happened to make you question your mortality?

Are you ill? Has someone close died?

Do you want to die? Consciously or subconsciously?

Has it any thought begin what you are saying.

It must be hard to keep going but keep posting xx Linda

• Posted

What is it about death that you think? At 70+ it is sensible to take stock and consider. There is always an advantage in considering what comes next  if anything? An old person's enquiry and the second philosophic. Are you unwell and fear for your life?There is a topic in the chatroom you might like to read and to contribute to "Life after Death - Yes or No?" 
    • Posted

I DON'T KNOW WAT IT IS BUT A COUPLE OF DEATHS HAPPENED AROUND ME SO I THINK THAT WAT IT IS EVERY SINCE THAT DAY I BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT
    • Posted

I CAN ...BUT IT'S NOT BAD AS IT USE TO..I USE TO COULDN'T SLEEP CAUSE I WAS SCARED I WAS GONE DIE IN MY SLEEP 
    • Posted

Sorry! I had not remembered the discussion name correctly. I had in mind the chatroom discussion :-

Afterlife ~ yes, or no?  

you may also be interested in the Chatroom discusion

Heaven ~ Hell ~ where does purgatory fit in?

The discussion ranges quite widely.

• Posted

Please don't use capital letters,as its a form of shouting. Sorry to ask.

X

• Posted

We are here if you need to talk x
  • Posted

I think, if we are honest, most people are afraid of death as it seems to be the end of us and we dont like that. it is scary because we dont know what happens afterwards if anything. All things that live, die and I take some comfort from the fact that I am part of the natural process of nature. Also, to live forever is much more frightening if you think about it. To be locked in this form for endless eons would really be a nightmare. The question I ask is, 'am I dying now, right at this moment?' if not, then I am blessed with another day of being here on this planet, even if I am suffering extreme anxiety, at least I am alive to experience it! and every day there is something to be grateful for, whether it's the sight of a sunset or a good meal. Appreciating we are not going to be here for long can focus the mind to appreciate the small things in life. A well known Zen master described life as 'like going to sea in a small boat that you know at some point is going to sink'. So the question I ask myself is ,'what am I going to do in the short time I have in my little boat'. Am I going to spend my time frantically running around trying to 'fix' the boat, knowing that. whatever I do, it's still going to sink. Or am I going to enjoy the time I have aboard and appreciate the movements of the sea, the company I may have, the sea-birds, the clouds and the weather. Maybe even dive in and swim? It's a choice. How we approach life is how we approach death and, for me, one approach is simply more pleasant that the other. We have no choice anyway, so why not enjoy it as much as we can?
    • Posted

Thank you for giving me inspiration you lovely , caring, genuine person

With love Linda xxx

• Posted

There are accounts of those who died and were raised. But it seems that they died again. I don't think I envy them. Once I expect will be plenty. The accounts in another discussion on this forum of near death experiences seemed to open up the possibility of reincarnation and the implied multiple deaths. But most significant is the one who died and was buried. On the third day he rose again and will never die. He promises  life to his followers although very many will have to die first. The great thing is not just to have a comforting philosophy but to have a a comforting philosophy that is authenticated by hard facts. Facts that an enemy would dearly long to prove to be in error but could not.  (o dear! I am having difficulty keeping awake. If this doesn't make sense I shall try again in the morning )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.