Deep depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have been suffering from depression for 2 years I have tried several anti depressants I'm currently on 200mg of sertraline However I'm very depressed....I can't seem to get out of it I'm worried I'm going to take my own life but I can't I have 4 children I just can't seem to get to a happy place I was on Prozac for 12 years and they worked wonders I'm wondering if I should ask to go back on them,has anyone had a similar experience xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katy

Yes I'd definitely say Prozac is best for me at least they changed me to sertiline however it made me far worse

After eight weeks trail I said change me bk and they did although it's my understanding they don't like to give it that often god knows why!

Hope you get what you need to get better soon

• Posted

Thank you for replying I have been on sertraline for a few months but they are clearly not working I'm still very depressed no motivation what so ever,everyone is telling me to fight it but I can't I need to get out of this I have 4 kids to look after did you just swap straight back to Prozac or did you have to wean off the sertraline? X

• Posted

Yes you have to normally change but what they did with me is an overlap as it takes a few weeks for one to get out the system they give you a lower dose than needed or at least that is how it was for me

Take care and all you can do is ask right they can only say no right ?

• Posted

Hi Katy again

Listen Hun about this not moving round etc feeling fatigued etc I realise it must be so hard especially with 4 children

May I be as bold as to enquire how you diet is etc

Something as small as diet and foods that are high in protein and natural sugars can help with motivation etc

Maybe start a dairy to help your thoughts a thought in paper is one less in the head

You can do exercises or time permitting join a gym clearly that could be difficult in your situation but when the heart rate goes up to 130 plus you release feel good hormones it may just tip the scale in your favour it's what I do

Good luck keep ya chin up

Mike

• Posted

Hi

I'm not really eating properly to be honest,I just haven't got the energy to even walk upstairs it's really taken everything out of me,I think my time is up x

• Posted

I nearly lost my youngest son,and since then have just been in this depression I was hospitalised for a while but nothing's working x

• Posted

So you have anxiety too? Have they tried cbt with you it may be worth giving it a go ya know?
  • Posted

I'm sorry you are in such a dark place at the moment. How long is it since you last had Prozac? The feeling seems to be that we build up a tolerance to types of antidepressants over the years so they become ineffective. It might be for this reason they don't think it's a good idea to go back to them.

Having said that, if they were working well before I don't see why they won't at least try...

Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you for replying I have not been on Prozac for nearly 2 years have tried several antidepressants sertraline is the one I've stayed on the longest but after being on it for months I just don't feel happy or even a little bit like me,I do nothing all day just lie on the sofa I can't get any motivation to even try and do anything I'm just not functioning as a person or as a mum really am lost xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.