Definitive Low Fodmap Gluten Free charts?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anybody have a good chart for this?

A lot of websites, especially ibsdiets' wesbite has listed Broccoli, Karela and other stuff there as low-fodmap, but that seems to aggravate ibs symptoms.

I have C, but this question is for all the people who go through symptoms on a weekly basis (cramps, C/D etc); what are the most accurate fodmap and gluten free lists out there? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Fodmap and Fructose intolerance food chart are different in lots of ways.

I downloaded both and what you can eat in low fodmap you can't without fructose tolerance.

It's very hard to know what to do in that case - you really have to keep a good diary and see what triggers you have

Cheers

• Posted

I've been using an app on my phone that my gastro doc introduced me to. It costs $9.50 one-time and it has been worth every penny. It's the low fodmap diet app from Monash University. I love having it in my phone since it's always with me. It has everything broken down by type of food and then a traffic light system that shows red, yellow or green.

Hope this helps!

Holly

• Posted

Monash University  Low Fodmap lists are the best, most comprehensive and reliable, in my opinion. Broccoli in anything other than very small amounts is a proven IBS trigger. There are lot of so called Low Fodmap diets available online but as far as I am aware only those by Monash University have been scientifically proven. 

Jan

• Posted

Hi, Have you heard of Kefir ?, it's a sort of super probiotic, you could check it out, and fermented sourdough bread the white loaf and why it might be good for you.

• Posted

Thanks. My probiotic levels are okay. I just wanted a good guide for fodmap stuff.
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll check out Monash University's chart.

If anything else comes to mind that you guys have used and works, please let us know here.

• Posted

As others have said Monash university did the original work so their stuff is definitive, but you have to pay for it. Also be aeste that just because something is low FODMAP doesn't mean it's IBS friendly e.g. high fat food, greasy food, nuts, alcohol, caffeine.

If you seriously want to do FODMAP properly find a dietician who is trained in it so you can do the elimination and reintroduction stages properly.

• Posted

See, that's where I get confused! I tried things on the Low Fodmap stuff and it had an adverse effect.

I'd like to know if there's a proper chart for IBS people out there.

• Posted

There's no such thing as an IBS chart as everyone is different. It really is trial and error. Keep a food diary to help you identify triggers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.