Delayed withdrawls, weeks later?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I reduced my dosage from 7.5mg to 3.75 three weeks ago. I felt relatively OK w that cut, sleep hasn’t been as good, had some anxiety for a few days. But now, sleep has been getting bad for the last few days, really bad insomnia! Some nights only 2 hours sleep, but that seems to be getting slightly better.

However, today is the first day of feeling bad during the day as well: depressed mood and horrible anxiety and restlessness. Can’t focus, brain isn’t clear and can’t seem to calm down. The same feelings I had when I first made the cut.

Is it normal for withdrawals to ramp up like this, weeks after a cut? How long should they last for? Anything I can do to help them? I’m taking magnesium glycinate.

Also, I’m cutting a dissolvable 15mg tablet into 4 pieces. The quartered chunks can be irregular in size, some are bigger, some are smaller. Could these variations in size be causing these symptoms as well?

Thank you!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How long have you been tapering. I tapered too fast . I suffered greatly with my sleep and still do it's awful I have tried everything herbal on the market. I now use magnasium it helps a bit I think. I'm now on another antidepressant venlafaxine and been doing well on that xx

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Karen,

I took 7.5mg for about 7 weeks before realizing I wanted it out of my life. Cut that in half 3 weeks ago, so I have been at 3.75 mg for 3 weeks now. i am not on any other drugs, and dont plan to be ever again! Especially evil psych meds like this...

How quickly did you taper? What dose did you jump from? How long have you been off?

Report Reply
    • Posted

I was on 45mg down too 30 then 15 then 0 done it too quick and ended up really ill. I wish I could be meds free but I'm on venlafaxine now doing a lot better it's just my sleep xx

Report Reply
    • Posted

Effexfor gave me panic attacks, NO sleep and me a night in the hospital. I would stand at work and sweat.....horrible. Glad its working for you, tho. Just a caution for others with SEVERE persistent GAD

Report Reply
  • Posted

your drop is way to quick. my doctor advised me if doing this, after 15 mg take 3 of the four pieces u have cut for 3 to four weeks depending on how u feel. then 2 pieces for the same time then one-piece the same time. . then take the one piece every other day then every 3 rd day then every fourth day until its down to once a week. once there, stop.. it worked well for me. been off four months now. Propranolol is good for the anxiety symptoms and can be used whenever. this may help. keep busy and try not focus in stuff. it all takes time so be easy on yourself. remember anxiety is just a feeling it cant hurt you and if you focus on it this makes it worse.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I am tapering at that same schedule, except i started off at only half of a 15 mg dissolvable pill: 7.5 mg. I then went to a quarter of a pill which is 3.75 mg. Ive been at this dose for 3 weeks and at first i was ok. But these last 4-5 days have been hell, especially when it comes to sleeping! 😦

I have never heard of Propranalol but i will check to see if its available where i live (Thailand).

Thank you!

Report Reply
    • Posted

sleeping can be a problem.. even now four months on have to take something at least 3 night's a week. i alternate with herbal valarin tablets and melatonin. both available from the internet. as last resort i take a antihistamine as these make you sleepy. The propanalol is a beta blocker that is used for anxiety systoms. its non addictive. i also took pregablin this is sometimes used for anxiety, i live in UK. This was brilliant and totally calmed me down. i had to ween myself off this which was pain free really. no real bad side effects.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up