Delaying a period on hrt

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am on femoston 2/10 so I have a monthly bleed is there a way of delaying my period while on holiday the first 14 tablets in the packet are a brick colour tablet then I take 14 days of a white tablet then I usually come on at the end of the white tablets

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To surpress one, you would have to open a second packet, carry on with the orange coloured ones in place of the white ones and then when you finish them take the normal white ones. It isnt recommended but once in a while shouldnt hurt.XXX
    • Posted

Ah thanks for your quick reply no I would not normally do it but period is due the same day I go on holiday hopefully then that will stop them then
    • Posted

Yes it should do it acts the same way as the pill would. I used to do it when I was at school when exams were coming up. Nothing worse than severe pain and flooding when your doing your gcse exams so I used to just start another pack to delay it. It doesnt hurt once in a while but it can screw up your cycle if you do it too often. Happy holidays! XXX
    • Posted

Hi do you know if it will work the opposite way if I finish the white ones slightly earlier instead to bring my period on slightly forward, the reason why I'm asking this as im on day 12 now of the brick colour ones so to delay I would have to carry on taking them for another 3 weeks to miss a period don't know whether that be 2 long on them I just been 2 ask pharmacy and she didn't know and my doctor who I normally sees is not in this week so I'm desperate to try and find a solution on here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.