Dental Implants following TKR?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had been planning Dental Implants prior to knee replacement last April. I am wondering if it's too risky now in case of infection? I have been told to take antibiotics an hour prior to any Dental Work but don't know if that would include Dental Implants? Anyone know if it's too risky? Thanks Nuala

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nuala

If you're in the USA you will probably be given AB cover. Over here however not so sure. We used to give AB cover to heart & heart valve problem patients. That changed a few years back when NICE decided in their infinite wisdom it was no longer needed!

Not sure about TKR patients, no one has mentioned it to me. First I hearts of it was on here. I will ask my boss, I work in a dental surgery, he'll know as he keeps up his training, if it's considered necessary he will know.

Watch this space. Will get back to you.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Sorry another typo should have read First I heard of it.

Grrr! Dyslexic phone I'm afraid! Or sausage fingers!

M xx

• Posted

Thanks for that Marilyn much appreciated. Live in Ireland so will need to check it out here. I'm always making typos but all is understood! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.