Dental work aboard?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone have experience in placing dental crowns abroad?

I heard that it is much cheaper in Hungary, and the quality is excellent.

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Edited

I've heard that too, but I'm a little insecure because I don't know if I would need some kind of health insurance.

I also worry in case I have any problems after the treatment, I wonder if it is not too complicated to have to come back for a revision or correction of the procedure.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

There are agencies that organize the whole trip, and ensure your safety. I guess that they know about the health insurance what you need. I will let you know when when I find out which agencies are good.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

Some countries have good reputations for dental and medical services.

You need to research this.

I have travelled abroad, from Australia for medical services that were in my research on par or better than what I can get in Australia.

Of course if you travel abroad and suffer a complication down the track you must understand that not every dentist close to home will want to address such issues. But many will.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I organised the travel and hospitalisation myself.

I traveled to the US for brain surgery and to Israel for hand surgery (involving nerves which was too tricky for the surgeons I found in Sydney).

The many aspects of medical tourism are sadly all jumbled together.

For some countries I suppose organised trips through an agency makes sense, but in my opinion, for other countries that have very good reputations, one does not need an agency which will charge handsomely for their assistance.

I suggest you don't focus on Hungary per se, but on the medical facility's reputation instead.

Also investigate if your medical insurance will contribute to your costs.

In Australia, neither the universal Medicare system nor any private insurer will pay a cent towards dental or medical services performed overseas EVEN if it proven to be FAR cheaper than in Australia.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up