Depersnalisation

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have started getting this and never realised how debilitating it is. I can't seem to stop it, jobs I want to do aren't getting done, as I have depression and anxiety I need to keep busy to keep sane, but I cant stop it, I also now have a tune constantly playing in my head I feel like I am losing my mind, anybody else suffering this, I don't know how to cope with this.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi. im going through anxiety and depression as well and have been experiencing the same things. just remember that if this came with the depression and anxiety it will probably go away with as well. remember that being uncomfortable is good because it means you know something is wrong. Are you going to therapy or any place to get help?

• Posted

yes, this has been my experience. has your dr tried medication, i have tried several but not alleviated symptoms yet. do let us know what you are doing to help.

• Posted

HI I also have the music or tunes in my head, I can be walking g the dog and it's there none stop drives me barmy, also after a half a hour of getting up, been going on years tried lots of medication, back on Citalopram at the moment and adding cbdoil with it, to see if it helps, also have fibromyalgia, anxiety,

• Posted

I'm taking cbdoil as well, how are you getting on with it, what dosage are you taking?

• Posted

I definitely do, I think the tune in your head is due to the anxiety, it seems that we do to distract ourselves from thinking about the things that cause us to get worked up and anxious. I am taking citalopram right now but it's only been 7 weeks so far so I know I got awhile to go before it really starts leveling things out so for now I just let it be, I let the anxiety happen as much as I can and try not to let it bother me too much because they say the more worked up you get and respond to it the longer it will keep going. It's hard! But I'm trying. It's scary to say the least but I have had this in the past also, but it does get better. Hang in there!

• Posted

If you have severe anxiety you should definitely try gabapentin i was told it has less addiction potential than other anxiety medications.As far as the depression goes I know first hand that the medications don't always work, but it is still worth a shot.

For the tunes getting stuck in your head that is a real disorder it is called SONG STUCK SYNDROME it is a kind of OCD and is treated with flouxitine sometimes.

I hope the best for your treatment of SSS OCD I read online it is treated with prozac fluoxitine

• Posted

I have had this same problems and also face this at my job time. I have just started yoga and meditation and it have really worked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.