Depersonalisatio, derealisation, anxiety!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI all!

I've been suffering from the above since October, but just need to post on here as I'm getting so frustrated!

Even though I've had this pretty much constant since October, it feel like it gets worse and worse, then I'll have a good week, then spiral again for no apparent reason at all? I persistently feel tripped out and since Monday, I've had constant deja vu, like constant! It last all day long, it feel like I've lived that exact day before etc, and it's really horrible. I'm currently having cbt, and told her that last week was great and now I'm feeling detached, unreal, constant deja vu, feel stuck in my own body lol etc And she doesn't understand why I spiral and everything goes pear shaped - but then neither do I!!! I'm just tripped out all day long, please help!! 😊

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Thats just how it goes with anx and dp I'm afraid,what is happening to control the anxiety? Meds can make do worse,any therapy? If the anxiety isn't dealt with the dp will continue I'm afraid
    • Posted

thanks for the reply. She just got really funny when I mentioned that I have good and bad days, she said that it should t be happening. Everyone has good days then bad days, right?
  • Posted

Please go back to your doctor.....this is such an awful feeling! Anxiety is dreadful....explain exactly how you feel and if he suggests meds then do give them a go...I used to have this all the time but am hopefully coming through it...best wishes, let's know how you get on..

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Judith. I'm not taking any medication at all, as just 1 dose of a anxiety medication caused this! So I will not take any at all!
    • Posted

I understand where your coming from,meds I feel really made things worse. Its probably not true to say they caused it although I know it seems like it but that initial worsening of symptoms can cause dp, therapy is the option I choose as meds are out,they can be every bit if not more effective than meds,ita just a personal choice. Not doing either I'm afraid won't help you at all
    • Posted

That is probably wise then....I did do meds..i had a really bad reaction to citralopam.......now I meditate, takevit b complex.....and got a good book from Amazon called Thrive by Rob Kelly....taken a while but I do feel as though I am taking more control of the problem my doctor is involved and is very supportive...of my proactivity...I see her once a month....since October I have only taken 8 emergency diazepam...at her suggestion...some days are diamond but I do still have stone days!!! Keep fighting....accept it .....but ......!! Every best wish
    • Posted

Yes, citalopram was what i took, it was the worst night and week of my life. when I have a good day, few days or hours, I really embrace it and I feel mentally clear, but then it comes back all of a sudden and hits me like a truck and I feel so numb and flat, it completely changes my mood. You could tell me that I've won the lottery and I would not be fussed at all!! X
    • Posted

Know exactly how you feel...and its such a shock when you do plummet....please try the book if you can it may give you some strategies for the stone days.....xx
  • Posted

i know excactly what you are going through , i have also been in a constant state of anxiety since about october as well every minute of every day  , a life of missery i am currently coming of venalaxafine down to  a low dose and this has made my anxiety worse also now i have depression which i never had before  , be glad that you get a good week ,  i hope you find the answer ,  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.